Bug block orientation randomly resetting to the wrong orientation

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I was working on a project ship. big one, and all the blocks in a certain portion of the ship are all oriented the wrong way. it seems to be a chunk thing but also it doesn't seem to fix itself after replacing all the blocks. there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why the blocks there are changing orientation from what they were supposed to be or where the chunks where this is occuring are supposed to be.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    is this happening in a blueprinted version too ?
    are you able to supply the blueprint then ? (pm it if it should stay private)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    smaller than very big builds isnt your thing .. right ;)

i cant find that chunk problem .. i did place tetras at random outside on the hull in a few places with symetrie .. they did not flip there orientation.
    please guide me to where that happenend if it is only happening at specific point

or could it be this http://phab.starma.de/T1033 ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    it's along the centerline in certain areas, and the're always the same places where the blocks are all rotated. there's a section along the top and a section just forward of the core that i've found

Edit: i found a lot more:
    also it turns off lights and changes the door on/off state within these chunks

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Did you link those white lights to anything on placement ?
    every light i tried to switch off and on is breaking the chunk it is placed in completely.
    so as long as you dont have an unaffected copy of this blueprint .. better stop working on it ..
    we are testing and searching the cause for this but that may take some time :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452423909,1452422091][/DOUBLEPOST]how did you manage to place new and old docking blocks beside each other and also dock entities to the main ship ?
    that shouldnt be possible :/

Screenshot_2.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    like i said. it was a very old bp. -sigh- i'll have to delete so much and just redo the whole thing. oh well. it's not like i've never done that before

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Yes i do understand that it is old .. but it shouldnt be possible to dock a thing to a ship that still has old docker blocks somewhere ...
    there should be a warning popping up and docking should be not possible