Block non-faction in build mode

Reaction score
    I recommend that non-faction can not pass through another faction's structures in build mode. Which will prevent interior recon by hostile factions.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Not until we are better able to scan ships

This is the best we can do for learning anything about what we are currently looking at XD

Reaction score
    You can already see the other ship/structures's shield strength and power. I don't think anything more is necessary. Weapon types/build, location, etc.. shouldn't be an open book.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You can already see the other ship/structures's shield strength and power. I don't think anything more is necessary. Weapon types/build, location, etc.. shouldn't be an open book.
    More often than anything, you can not see weapon sizes, and it'd be a guessing game to even try to figure out the weapons from a exposed computer. I'm not exactly sure how seeing inside another ship adds any advantage.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I actually agree with OP completely. There is no reason you should be able to see the interior of a ship with complete and unabated access. And not knowing if the ship that is approaching you is a completely decked out harbinger of death or an empty shell should be a part of the game experience.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I actually agree with OP completely. There is no reason you should be able to see the interior of a ship with complete and unabated access. And not knowing if the ship that is approaching you is a completely decked out harbinger of death or an empty shell should be a part of the game experience.
    Target ship mass is visible on navigation menu, so you can know if it's an empty shell or not.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When block masses are eventually taken into account, then you'll have no way of knowing.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    When block masses are eventually taken into account, then you'll have no way of knowing.
    Err, no. An empty shell will be empty and light as hell. I am doubtful systems would be made so light they'd be hard to notice if there were missing or not. Only thing seeing inside has ever done was revealing how much interior/empty space was left, or hunting for a possibly hidden faction module, none of which help unless you are trying to steal an unmanned ship and are looking for the hollow-est path to the core/module.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...And not knowing if the ship that is approaching you is a completely decked out harbinger of death or an empty shell should be a part of the game experience.
    Fix: "And not knowing if the ship that is approaching you is a completely decked out harbinger of death or a civilian planet salvager or bulk freighter should be a part of the game experience."