Black Widow Scout - planetary recon spider ship

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

The Black Widow Scout is a planetary reconnaissance scout ship, designed to get in and out with ease. With its four landing legs it can land comfortably on almost any terrain, and with a 100% stop effect anti-gravity computer on board, landing and lifting off can be achieved with ease.

The Black Widow Scout also comes equipped with a scanner and radar jammer, allowing you to be aware of your surroundings while maintaining your own anonymity. Also on board is a jump-drive to enable a quick exit if need be. Underneath the Black Widow Scout is a mechanical access port, allowing for quick access to the planet you're on. And with buttons within the interior of the ship and externally outside, you can keep your ship safe and secure. There is also a docking point underneath the ship for any additional crafts you may wish to carry.

This is my first released ship featuring advanced rails and I'm excited that it's this one. This ship was actually the one we used to do a lot of testing on the rail system before it was released, so it's cool to be able to share it with the community. Enjoy!

Grab this ship from the Community Content Section here

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looks like a nice, effective ship and the presentation is quite well done. Bravo.
    Any ideas on what your plans are for the future?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't believe the legs make landing on uneven terrain easier, rather the opposite. It's easier to find a flat place with a smaller profile. And the 100% anti-gravity makes landing gear superfluous. Aside from that it's a great ship. ;)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I don't believe the legs make landing on uneven terrain easier, rather the opposite. It's easier to find a flat place with a smaller profile. And the 100% anti-gravity makes landing gear superfluous. Aside from that it's a great ship. ;)
    Yeah perhaps, but the footprint on the ground is smaller, meaning you could have a giant crater under you and just so long as your legs sit fairly evenly on whatever you've landed on, you'll be fine. I've found it has landed in places a regular ship just couldn't go. And the 100% anti-gravity is more so you fly in line your self up then switch it off as you land, then taking off you can switch it on to get a jump on leaving the atmosphere. It's all about how players want to play it but that's the reason I put it in.

Reaction score
    Bench, very cool as always. Great way to demo putting the new features to use. I'm anxiously awaiting the Lambda shuttle.

Unfortunately the legs are derping out on me. They won't close again, they get stuck halfway and then slam up and down for a while.

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Bench, very cool as always. Great way to demo putting the new features to use. I'm anxiously awaiting the Lambda shuttle.

Unfortunately the legs are derping out on me. They open, and rotate out, but then the final stage never goes down. They also won't close again, they get stuck halfway and then slam up and down for a while. Any ideas?
    Yeah sometimes this happens. I'll put a video up on how to fix it as it's a bit of a process. It's just something that happens, this was the test ship for the rails update after all, it was designed to be complicated to see how the system coped.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    People should be careful with criticism if they can't do it better themselves, so I tried to do so and here's my answer to the Black Widow Scout - with adaptive landing gear.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Bench, you impress me time and time again. I have one question for you. Are you a god?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Very interesting, certainly a good example what can be done now, speaking as a notorious planet hopper myself. ;)

As soon as I'll have the time I will check this one out, thanks for sharing. :cool:

Greets,

Jan