DGS Spacefactory

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The first ship presented here is an experimental landing ship. It was inspired by Bench's Black Widow Scout, but is way more flexible. There are no logic blocks or cores exposed, the one visible are behind crystal armor.

The following image shows the three standard leg positions, however, each leg can also be controlled individually.

ELS.jpg

The lower limbs are extendable and automatically stop when reaching the ground. Note the different extension lengths. Unfortunately it doesn't work well while recording a gif, so it's just a pic.

ELS2.jpg

Ship design number two (actually my oldest design still in use) is my fast mining vessel. It can hover in gravity thanks to 100% passive stop effect. It isn't armored and hasn't much shield power, but it is built to simply outrun any threats. With 100% passive overdrive its travel speed is twice the normal maximum server speed.

Mining Vessel 1.png

When I finished the original design it already looked almost like a caterpillar, so I thought: "Well, let's do it right then and add legs and antennas"

Mining Vessel 2.jpg

As you can see above it's fully compatible with USD and microUSD (the latter purely accidental).

Last edited:
    Reactions: godmars and Crusade

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Using Area Triggers to control the depth of each leg, nice touch. I was just talking about that solution with some mates of mine the other day. Good job!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That looks pretty cool, great work, although it reminds me of a scarab from the Halo Series. Got any inspiration from that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Using Area Triggers to control the depth of each leg, nice touch. I was just talking about that solution with some mates of mine the other day. Good job!
    I also had this idea, but haven't gotten round to making it yet. good to know that it actually works though.

when I tried a preliminary test i found out that entities that are not piloted do not activate area triggers, which is a bit annoying but I guess entities that are docked to entities that have a pilot in them do activate area triggers?

EDIT: ok, so I have tired a little test version on a planet and it works fine but then tried it on a station and it just doesnt work. the station hull doesnt activate the area triggers like a planets surface does...

EDIT 2: so did a bit more tinkering. If I use a ship like the one in the OP on a station it works on with the station activing the tirggers.

However if I build a rail on a station and then dock an entity to the rail the docked entity's area triggers will not be activated by the stations hull passing through them. I think this is a bug.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    However if I build a rail on a station and then dock an entity to the rail the docked entity's area triggers will not be activated by the stations hull passing through them. I think this is a bug.
    Nope, unfortunately that's a feature.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is a revised version of a an old fighter design. It probably has too much heavy armor, but combining advanced with standard armor or hull doesn't look very good.

Skreeg front.png