Bug Black screen when entering a singleplayer or multiplayer server (mac)

Reaction score
    I looked through the support forums and found no thread that matched my problem so I decided to make this one, if there is one that i might have missed that adresses this problem then a redirection link would be much appreciated.

So the problem im facing started when me and my brother were playing on a multiplayer server that was empty. everyhing was working smoothly until three other players of the same faction joined and started skyrocketing our ping into the tens of thousands(which looked like a DDOS to me). Before i could exit manually my screen went black and my bro told me i was disconnected. He was disconnected a little bit after me, I was stuck on a balck screen and had to "command,alt,esc" to close the application. There were no errors presented to me in anyway that could help me pinpoint the problem. My brother was able to rejoin the server but if i try to join any multiplayer server it shows me that im connecting and synchronizing with the server then shows me a black screen with no loading indication or text of any sort. In order to get out i have to "command,alt,esc" again with no errors telling me what went wrong. I tried starting a singleplayer sandbox and the same issue occurs and i have to manually close the application with the previous method. I tried deleting the local content and reinstalling on steam with no success and I also did a Force Download All & Overwrite from the launcher which still proved unsuccessful, as well as scouring the internet for any possible solution to no avail. I've been at this for about 6 hours now with no success. I really loved game when it was working but its just been a pile of frustration for the past 6 hours. Any help with this situation would be really appreciated.

I have Java 8 update 25 installed and I made sure i made an account on star-made.org for the upgraded version for steam.

System Specs.
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Software OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Two possible ways to fix it:

Check your install path:
    upload_2014-12-27_20-24-58.png

upload_2014-12-27_20-25-17.png

And make sure its still correct. (Pointing to your steam library)

If it still seems correct, remove "settings.cfg" to restore default settings. (I assume its a setting that became changed)
    In case its not correct, please adjust it accordingly.

You can also use a totally different path and let the game create a new automatic installation to make sure its no file corruption.

If it still crashing on startup please upload/paste the log.txt.0 from the installations paths /logs directory here, we can look into the exact error then.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thanks! using a different path worked for me. Appreciate the quick response!