Black Mamba Assault Carrier WIP Update 4/8

Reaction score
    *cough cough* wedging..... lol I understand where you are coming from, it's like coming up with a decent concept for an art project. Names are hard. With people as well.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1427926480,1427926450][/DOUBLEPOST]I personally like my names to be original but we all know that's impossible.

Reaction score
    *cough cough* wedging..... lol I understand where you are coming from, it's like coming up with a decent concept for an art project. Names are hard. With people as well.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1427926480,1427926450][/DOUBLEPOST]I personally like my names to be original but we all know that's impossible.

Don't worry, I'm slowly getting the wedging done starting from the front. I'm just more concerned with the shape of the ship at the moment. :)

Reactions: ZMayfire
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, the slit-engines look very nice there.

Also a note about screenshots: you take versions without the HUD by using f6 (default) and you can get rid of the cursor by hitting tab+G before taking the screenshot.

Reaction score
    Yeah, the slit-engines look very nice there.

Also a note about screenshots: you take versions without the HUD by using f6 (default) and you can get rid of the cursor by hitting tab+G before taking the screenshot.
    Thanks, I was actually curious about how to get clutter free screenshots.

Reaction score
    I really like Gladius, it just seems to fit with the edgy, sharp look you have going on there.
    Must...have...download...
    Thanks for the suggestion, that's actually not a bad idea! I'll take it into consideration :) I'll probably upload it once it's more or less finished, but there's still quite a bit of work left to be done.

Peekie, which image can you not see? Is it the engine one? It seems to be in order for me, but I can try re-uploading it in a different format.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The detailing is amazing on this ship! I am certainly going to keep an eye on it! One question though, are you planning on using normal or hardened black armor?

Reactions: IAbsoluteZeroI
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thanks for the suggestion, that's actually not a bad idea! I'll take it into consideration :) I'll probably upload it once it's more or less finished, but there's still quite a bit of work left to be done.

Peekie, which image can you not see? Is it the engine one? It seems to be in order for me, but I can try re-uploading it in a different format.
    never mind, my internet derped, I like them!

Reaction score
    The detailing is amazing on this ship! I am certainly going to keep an eye on it! One question though, are you planning on using normal or hardened black armor?
    Thanks! I've been building with advanced black armor, since I wasn't initially planning on sharing or uploading this ship when I started it a while ago. Depending on the final cost, I might swap some of it out.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thanks! I've been building with advanced black armor, since I wasn't initially planning on sharing or uploading this ship when I started it a while ago. Depending on the final cost, I might swap some of it out.
    Okay, for your ship I would recommend using standard since it has a much darker color, may look better and with more of the scheme you're going for. Perhaps do the under layer of hull hardened.

wat

Reaction score
    Fffffffuuuuuuu those engines look amazing on that ship. Love the purple and blue combo.

Reaction score
    Update 4/8:

It's been a crazy, crazy week for me, so not a ton of progress. Plus i'm a little deadlocked waiting for the docking update. When it's released I will be redoing the turrets on the ship. Since its been pretty slow around here, I figured I'd post another update on the progress though.

Finally came up with an unused name that I think embodies the ship fairly well ~ Black Mamba

Finished the structure (still needs detailing) of the undersides of the ship, changed the shape of the aft hangar, started preliminary work on the core room, and added weapons systems.

Currently the ship has a 58k dual checkerboard array damage beam with 98% beam slave, and 50% ion effect, which hits for about 23 million shield damage with each shot.

For pure block damage, I installed a 40 missile bank swarm array that comes in at about 15k blocks, with 100% missile slave, and 100% explosive effect, and another large checkerboard sniper damage beam.

Reaction score
    Update 4/8:

It's been a crazy, crazy week for me, so not a ton of progress. Plus i'm a little deadlocked waiting for the docking update. When it's released I will be redoing the turrets on the ship. Since its been pretty slow around here, I figured I'd post another update on the progress though.

Finally came up with an unused name that I think embodies the ship fairly well ~ Black Mamba

Finished the structure (still needs detailing) of the undersides of the ship, changed the shape of the aft hangar, started preliminary work on the core room, and added weapons systems.

Currently the ship has a 58k dual checkerboard array damage beam with 98% beam slave, and 50% ion effect, which hits for about 23 million shield damage with each shot.

For pure block damage, I installed a 40 missile bank swarm array that comes in at about 15k blocks, with 100% missile slave, and 100% explosive effect, and another large checkerboard sniper damage beam.

looks amazing, i love what you have done on the underside!

Reaction score
    Good name! Thats a lot of freaking damage haha, what are the current stats on the ship?
    Thank you :) Off the top of my head, 290k mass, 160k thrust, 460ish million power with 10mil e/s. 73 mil shields with 1.4 mil shield regen.
    If I feel the power supply can handle it, I might boost the damage on the ion beam some more eventually.

looks amazing, i love what you have done on the underside!
    Thanks! That means quite a lot coming from you. You've got what I consider to be pretty much the most consistently amazing line of ships right now, which have heavily inspired my work.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Excellent exterior, this ship has come a very long way.

I would suggest, however, that you rework the interior, as it does not match the exterior's feel. The slope of the core room is nice, but you would do well to add some depth to the walls.

Reaction score
    Excellent exterior, this ship has come a very long way.

I would suggest, however, that you rework the interior, as it does not match the exterior's feel. The slope of the core room is nice, but you would do well to add some depth to the walls.
    Thanks for the tips! As it stands now the core room is maybe only 50% complete. I just wanted to shape the room and figure out what lighting I was going for. It takes me a long time to come up with ideas, and then figure out what I'm going to do with them haha :)