better Galaxys

Reaction score
    everyone who is playing Starmade loves the 'new' Galaxy map... but its quite odd that every starsytem has exactly one star in the middle of the system and there are no other objects that normal universe has. Like: Blackholes, Pulsars, different types of Stars, Nebulars, Moons (with no atmosphere), Planets with rings (like Saturn) or other stuff that i can't mention now.
    I now that this are alot of ideas right now, so i will only explain a few of them!

lets start with different types of stars (and planets):
    i don't know if this is in the game, but what about a 'logical' starsystem? that means for planets: depending of the distance of a planet to a star the planet-biomes will be more... fitting, for example: a planet that is very close to a star will have a hot biome (desert), and a planet that is further away from a star will have a cold biome (snow). oh, and it would be cool if you could scan planets to get informations about: size of the planet, gravitational pull, rotation speed, length of a day/year on the planet, number of moons/rings, temperature, faction and distance to the star its orbiting around. and pls add bigger planets (where you need ~20 min. to walk around it).
    now the stars: well there is not very much to say about stars... they could be scannable like planets. But wait! i got a few star ideas: double stars (2 stars which are rotating around eachother), extreme stars (stars with extreme high/low temperature, light-level, mass or size) and most importantly: stars with different locations (nearly no star is exactly in the middle of a starsystem).

yeah... well thats it! when you have questions write a comment!
    sorry for bad english!

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    A lot of this is either already in game or has been suggested before. WARNING: Wall of text incoming :P
    Blackholes
    Already exist - literally black circles on the galaxy map that lead to other black holes.
    different types of Stars
    We have different colors and sizes already. Red, blue and yellow, along with the default white.
    Already suggested, numerous times.
    Moons (with no atmosphere),
    Also suggested before, quite recently by me actually xD
    Planets with rings (like Saturn)
    Also suggested before.
    a 'logical' starsystem?
    Suggested before, but I still want to see this. It makes no sense how an ice planet can be so close to a blue star, the hottest type.
    double stars (2 stars which are rotating around eachother),
    Already exist but are quite difficult to find.
    extreme stars (stars with extreme high/low temperature, light-level, mass or size)
    Blue stars have a larger sun damage range already, while red ones have hardly any at all. Also giant stars exist already.
    stars with different locations
    Bit of a no-brainer really, not every star has to be right smack-bang in the middle.

To summarise: Most exist already or have been suggested.

Reaction score
    oh, son of a goat... well i tried, but you said that most of the ideas are somehow in the game or from other suggestions... so could we say that this tread just combines the ideas of other suggestions? oh and what about that scanning of planets and stars? i thought that is a good idea...

and by the way: blackholes are extreme massive shining stars with a gravitational pull that is so strong that they absorbing there own light (thats the reason why there are black, and have this weird gravitational lensing)! and wormholes (wormholes are in Starmade, blackholes not) are 'holes' in space which connects 2 locations, wormholes are only 'open' for seconds. you need some kind of negative energy to hold them open. so there is a difference between black- and wormhole.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    tztztztz .. do not irritate us with actual science .. the game may stop to work at all if you look to deep into this ;)

those Wormhole-blackholes in the game do have a gravitation pull that sucks you in and spits you out somewhere else. And last time i checked you wont survive that without at least a core to protect you ;)

Reaction score
    i'd like to see different shaped galaxies, not just the default spiral. Probably suggested before...

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    oh, son of a goat... well i tried, but you said that most of the ideas are somehow in the game or from other suggestions...
    Hey don't worry, the community won't bite your head off just because you suggested something that has already been suggested... after all you are a new member, and probably haven't had the time to go through the forums.
    oh and what about that scanning of planets and stars?
    Oops, I must have totally missed that xD
    Could be an interesting idea actually. Extend it to scan individual plates of a planet and it can tell you what resources are in each plate (as they all have different ones)
    With stars though the information is already shown visually with their size and color; blue stars, for example, and only blue stars, do twice the sun damage at twice the range (correct me if I'm wrong with this xD) while the red ones do barely any damage at barely any radius.

Reaction score
    Aren't every galaxy spiral irl?
    there are binary spiral galaxies, galaxies which are just the "center" (no arms) and those are cloud like or disc like. Depends on the age of the galaxy

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think both galaxies and systems deserves more infrastructure overall. If you think about it, it is impossible for a Sol-like system to be generated on Starmade.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    there are binary spiral galaxies, galaxies which are just the "center" (no arms) and those are cloud like or disc like. Depends on the age of the galaxy
    U're right i re-educated myself at that topic. Sorry :P

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    everyone who is playing Starmade loves the 'new' Galaxy map... but its quite odd that every starsytem has exactly one star in the middle of the system and there are no other objects that normal universe has. Like: Blackholes, Pulsars, different types of Stars, Nebulars, Moons (with no atmosphere), Planets with rings (like Saturn) or other stuff that i can't mention now.
    I now that this are alot of ideas right now, so i will only explain a few of them!

lets start with different types of stars (and planets):
    i don't know if this is in the game, but what about a 'logical' starsystem? that means for planets: depending of the distance of a planet to a star the planet-biomes will be more... fitting, for example: a planet that is very close to a star will have a hot biome (desert), and a planet that is further away from a star will have a cold biome (snow). oh, and it would be cool if you could scan planets to get informations about: size of the planet, gravitational pull, rotation speed, length of a day/year on the planet, number of moons/rings, temperature, faction and distance to the star its orbiting around. and pls add bigger planets (where you need ~20 min. to walk around it).
    now the stars: well there is not very much to say about stars... they could be scannable like planets. But wait! i got a few star ideas: double stars (2 stars which are rotating around eachother), extreme stars (stars with extreme high/low temperature, light-level, mass or size) and most importantly: stars with different locations (nearly no star is exactly in the middle of a starsystem).

yeah... well thats it! when you have questions write a comment!
    sorry for bad english!
    We already have wormholes and binary star systems, actually. Schema said gas giants were definitely something he could add but has yet to because they'd be completely useless in the current game. Most of this stuff has been suggested numerous times.

Smarter planetary design would be nice. Planets of that size can already be done. Just edit your server config and planets of that size can spawn. Of course, unless you've got a super computer, you'll probably crash your game.

Reaction score
    oh, son of a goat...
    Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods.
    Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

Sorry, had a Lovecraft moment there ...