Better Bobby AI modules

Reaction score
    I think it would be cool if you could do more with Bobby AI modules, like making your own armada of ships to follow you around and fight for you.

If you have a Bobby AI module which you have selected it as a ship, then you are granted a few new options.

JOB: Make your AI ships do things that you would rather not do yourself!
    Miner: Mines from nearby asteroids and planets
    Guard: Flies around the structure of your choosing (or your own ship), protecting it from pirates
    Fighter: Finds and attacks structures and other people of your choosing. Will not attack shops or the Trading guild.
    Idle: Will stop moving.
    Docked: Same as being idle, but will dock at a docking platform if possible.

RETREATING STATE: Your AI ships may retreat if they are damaged to certain points.
    Never: Your ships won't retreat no matter what.
    50% destroyed: Once 50% or more of the hull is destroyed
    Taking damage: Once the ship starts taking damage
    Once shields are down: Will retreat once the shields reach 0
    Once shields are 50% down: Will only retreat when the shields are at 50% or less.
    Under fire: Will retreat when under fire
    Pirates in vicinity: Will retreat when there are pirates within 2 km of the ship

AUTOPILOT: Yes, I'm incorporating autopilot into this. You can select a structure on your navigation screen, or a waypoint and your bobby AI module will take you there. It will stop when it reaches the sector of the waypoint, and once you reach 100m of any blocks of the structure you selected. The Bobby AI module will choose going to a waypoint over a selected structure, so if you have a waypoint and a structure selected at the same time, the autopilot will take you to the waypoint.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Fleet control and BOBBY AI improvements are planned, please use the search bar!

Reaction score
    Well I have a few points to be made about those...
    1) Only one of them is about the current Bobby AI module itself. One is about a seperate block that acts like a Bobby AI module but does more, and the other one doesn't even relate to bobby AI modules.
    2) You never told me where you saw that this was planned.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well I have a few points to be made about those...
    1) Only one of them is about the current Bobby AI module itself. One is about a seperate block that acts like a Bobby AI module but does more, and the other one doesn't even relate to bobby AI modules.
    2) You never told me where you saw that this was planned.
    Schema has said multiple times that AI will be getting improvements in the future.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Can I have proof?
    I do not care enough to dig through pages and pages of news posts for one or two lines hidden inside an update changelog. You'll have to take my word for it, but I'm sure plenty of people here would back me up as a valid source of information.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    He's telling the truth. If you really need proof, go pull up the AI config tab and notice that there is a fleet tab.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    Yep, that has been suggested so many times before it's almost old by now. The search function is important, we keep getting repeat threads even when it's confirmed. Personally, a 'to do' list or roadmap would be much better, but for whatever reason the devs absolutely will not make one.

Reaction score
    Yep, that has been suggested so many times before it's almost old by now. The search function is important, we keep getting repeat threads even when it's confirmed. Personally, a 'to do' list or roadmap would be much better, but for whatever reason the devs absolutely will not make one.
    We do need a roadmap.