Beam Width - Please?!

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    So we can change the missiles and cannon projectile size, however the elusive beam "Projectile" size is hiding or missing. Please add so we can make gigantic death beams of doom like this.
    Theres so many 'Titans on this image that I'm lagging myself just from looking at it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Yes! The Great Yamato neeeeds this. Nothing has frustrated me more in regards to building in this game then trying to make the Wave Motion Gun look the part... multiple small beams is such a cop out and adds greatly to the complexity and dead space between the beam modules. It also leaves the weapon feeling piddly as far as damage is concerned. A single beam can be made powerful enough, especially with B/B, but looks just pathetic, a single narrow beam coming out of a giant barrel... like a BB out of a bazooka... pthhhh.
    +1 Vote for Fat Beams!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I thought this was supposed to be a thing added using the clustering of been blocks. I remember it mentioned a lot in the past, along with doing the same with the thruster plume. Hopefully Universe 2.0 will include it. If they can do it now without Universe 2.0, that would be awesome.

Reactions: klawxx

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Not gonna lie; I'm working on a large (by my standards) ship with a powerful beam weapon. Despite its power, the beam is barely noticeable in all the other fireworks. Seems really wrong.

Reactions: klawxx
    Reaction score
    I think this would be very nice to have.

On the other hand just making multiple one module beam outputs can achieve the same effect, but it's not really nice as those are slowing down fps alot.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have a miner about twice as big as the large asteroids and it already uses over 1600 mining beams!
    (900 are supported before efficiency reduces)

If we get larger projectile and impact sizes, I think that's a pretty much needed feature
    (even if mining beams stay limited to 2k or 8k for balance purposes)