Battle Mode

Reaction score
    Alright, I haven't been able to find a clear answer on this anywhere, and I've looked around. If I've missed something obvious, please call me out on it and point me to what I missed.

Battle Mode. Is it, or is it not implemented?

If it is implemented, what is the setup process?

Every time we attempt to enable Battle Mode on our server, it creates the factions, personal sectors, and does the countdown. However, when the countdown reaches 0, it fails with an error message stating that it could not import the sector.

If this mode is in fact implemented, could someone link me to a setup guide since I'm obviously missing something, or just tell me what's causing this particular issue? If Battle Mode is not out yet, then please tell me so I can stop wasting my time on this.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    It is implemented, and you already enabled it, when seeing the countdowns.

However, you need to prepare an empty or battle sector for it to work.

In case you don't care, export an empty sector with name "empty" and then change the battlemode config lines like that:

Code:
    BATTLE_MODE = true //turn on battlemode (warning, don't use unless you know what you're doing)
    BATTLE_MODE_CONFIG = battleSector=0,0,0,empty.smsec;battleSector=15,15,15,empty.smsec;countdownRound=300;countdownStart=30;maxMass=-1;maxDim=300; //General config for battlemode
    BATTLE_MODE_FACTIONS = [TeamA, fighters, 500,500,500, 0.5,0.1,0.9];[TeamB, fighters, -500,-500,-500, 0.5,0.9,0.2];[TeamFFA,ffa, 0,0,-500, 0.2,0.9,0.9];[Spectators,spectators, 0,500,0,0.8,0.4,0.8] //Faction config for battlemode
    Note the use of 0 0 0 and 15 15 15 'empty.smsec'
    Those sectors get imported as team-bases on starting the game.
    It may not be of use for general fighting only, but is a prebuilt system to allow custom adjacent sector battles.

- Andy

Reaction score
    For battle mode, does this just take a sector and turn into a kind of arena? or does it turn the entire server into battle mode?