Recognized by Council {BALANCE} Disintergrators, Cloakers, Stations, and Ships - How these interact and the balance issues

Do you think changes need to be made on the effectiveness of disintergrators on stations?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Nothing except show up and gun down the attempted bombers. That said, we definitely need some method of countering unfactioned warheads. But for now, assuming a default config, warheads are so devastatingly underpowered as to be laughable.

In other words, well.....first we need a powerful weapon, then we can think about a nerf for said overpowered weapon. Until such time as warheads become, oh, I don't know, useful, maybe we should just not worry about balancing them. Servers should be responsible for balancing their own config changes. That or they can just have glaringly obvious imbalances, depending on what their goals are.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Area triggers + damage pulse =
    Area defense field. Shield? Yes.

Suck it debby, i have a use for damage pulse besides a logic area trigger bayonet on my ship. :P

Reaction score
    Area triggers + damage pulse =
    Area defense field. Shield? Yes.

Suck it debby, i have a use for damage pulse besides a logic area trigger bayonet on my ship. :p
    Except, ... not. As pointed out by Olxinos:
    Olxinos said:
    Edit3: mmmh, after a quick test, pulses don't seem to uncloak me (only cannons), so even that wouldn't work
    Damage pulse doesn't actually de-cloak, let alone hurt a cloaked ship.
    So, we're back to the obvious-in-hindsight Problem of cloakers with a warhead-onna-stick being the single best way to fuck-over a station that you personally don't like. (because it goes after not the station, but the turrets docked to it, and those ain't got anywhere close to the millions of armor HP the station itself has.)
    (and, most of the "decent-looking" stations I've seen? Not made of, or even coated in advanced armor, so their armor HP ain't as great as it could be)

That said, on technicality of "this takes so goddamn long" it might actually be balanced.
    And that's a technicality that isn't the best kind.

On a related note, did anyone else see EFSFRaiben's video where he showed off "jumping" torpedoes? Absolutely ridiculous way to aggro someone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Except, ... not. As pointed out by Olxinos:

That said, on technicality of "this takes so goddamn long" it might actually be balanced.
    And that's a technicality that isn't the best kind.

On a related note, did anyone else see EFSFRaiben's video where he showed off "jumping" torpedoes? Absolutely ridiculous way to aggro someone.
    My shitty Australian timezone gives me infinite time to kill stations anyway. :p

And that, is actually the real problem. While you are offline, your assets are so vulnerable it is no longer funny.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    How do damage pulse not hurt cloaked ship?
    Are cloaked ships just phased out of existance?

The damage pulse should destroy every system block on the thuster stick and detonate the warheads all 15 meters out from the station