Awesitonian Drive Yards [ADY]: Now with GIfs

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This Thread is still an ongoing project, I still have to finish a few ships and gather some photos.

Awesitonian Drive Yards [ADY]:

Hello and welcome to Awesitonian Drive Yards
    Some of you may know me for my Venator work in progress (down below) and others may recognize me from old servers that I used to play on. I am a largely Star Wars inspired RP builder (if you haven't noticed from the pictures below) and have a growing list of ships that I have on the drawing board or are sitting in my build sector. I build 1:1 replicas of the aforementioned vessels, which is often quite difficult with 1 meter^3 blocks and I have been experimenting in expanding ship interiors with slabs.

Some of the ships below may not be originally mine, but refitted and I will give credit where it is due to the original builder.

Republic Fleet Place Holder:

Confederacy of Independent Systems Place Holder:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Rebel Alliance Placeholder:

Galactic Empire Placeholder:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Venator Star Destroyer WIP project:

The Venator WIP project has risen again, with lots of progress being made since my last update on my old shipyard. It now has an extended hangarbay to fit a Consular-class frigate by Jerry_Brinefield which now fits like a glove. Also it now has a two floor hangar section that is still under progress, and new side hangars (still under progress). Also the doors have been detailed, because it was something I did not like
    seeing.

A side profile of the Venator

A side profile of the Venator w/ doors open

Top view of the hangar

Front view of the hangar, notice the front door that I added now (still need detailing)

A Gozanti-Class Cruiser built by Jerry_Brinefield

The first floor of the two hangar section

The revamped docking clamp for the Republic Frigate

It can retract into the Venator for transport of the frigate and extend for ease of undocking of the frigate (I still have to work on the airlocks)

Both bridges (I am going to redo the bottom rounding part of the bridges)

A glimpse at the interior of the bridge

Top view of the ship (The part that extends outwards close to the front of the ship is some of the work i did. It used to be completely straight from the front to close to the back)
    MAIN DOORS

FRONT ANGLE

SIDE ANGLE

REAR ANGLE (the doors do not skip like that it's just the GIF)

VENTRAL HANGAR

Don't you hate when you're trying to undock from a ship that's integrated into the hangar of another and have little maneuverability lest you ram into the said ship? Exactly why I have a raising and lowering Ventral dock
    INTERNAL VENTRAL HANGAR

Flying into that dock would be nearly impossible without the rail docking clamp to guide you in

It puts you roughly in the centre of the hangar, so you can just undock, open the door and leave (provided that there is no Republic Frigate Docked Underneath)

More progress will come around eventually so come back often.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I was having issues with double post merges. I was hoping to set up all the posts I needed to avoid picture cap before anyone posted messages. Oh well.
    It's best to just make one large, starting post, then add new things in future posts, while keeping the first post updated. You can use spoilers to keep everything separated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, but then people have to scroll through the entire shipyard to find updates. I want to set up the first posts at least. And I tried that in my old shipyard. I reached the per message picture maximum which meant I couldn't continue updating the front page.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well I have to get this thread cleaned up, oh well. Anyways I did something that surprisingly didn't kill the server I was on. I'll let the photos do the talking.

I have to say, I'm glad I didn't ram a Venator with another.

Also another project is in the works. However sadly the time I have to work on it is almost non-existent.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh my, those are nicely made Venators. I always have liked the Venator design, and I think you brought it to Starmade remarkably well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just a repost of all those epic fails I had when I was first testing the doors... Wow the ship has come a long way since then.

A little hint of what i just came back to in my game... Not something that i was expecting that's for sure.
    The Doors decided that they wanted to undock and shift into the rest of the ship...

(those thrusters are for positioning the doors)

Shouldn't my game be dead already?

(You can't tell but that door is actually somehow docked to the ship in the background.... only 25 km infront of where it should be)

"This Doesn't look good" (the door undocked and got propelled away from the ship at close to 100 meters per second)

How did this even happen?

Reaction score
    Nice. Maybe you should try adding, shall we say.......volatile elements....AFTER finishing the vessel. As in, last. And then add the MOST volatile first, so that they don't cause glitches for everything else.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nice. Maybe you should try adding, shall we say.......volatile elements....AFTER finishing the vessel. As in, last. And then add the MOST volatile first, so that they don't cause glitches for everything else.
    That was a repost. Those photos were taken almost a year ago when the rails were first implemented. They work perfectly now. They look amazing when they open and close...

Reaction score
    Ah, good. Well, keep going. It looks great.

Oh, so this thing is to scale, right?

Can you fit a 140 meter long (1:1 scale) Republic Frigate in the ventral bay?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Messing Around with Rollback Errors

So I accidentally updated my game without checking if the server I build on had updated. The server wasn't so I had to rollback my game version so I could play on it... Well I didn't realize there was an error with rollbacks and textures. I've been forced to rollback before so I thought nothing of it. Today however brought some hilarious texture mishaps.

I didn't know that my ship was blue and grey instead of red and white...

Yep definitely built it like that. The floor design actually kinda looks cool like that though... maybe for another ship.

The landing strip for the Venator never looked better.

The force fields are changing between 7 different textures

Am I just blind or is the grey... cannon computers?

Yep looks perfect.

Ship commander: "Is it just me or did they repaint the bridge?" *Gets blank looks* "Oh COME ON IT'S NOT JUST ME!"

The colouration of the Republic Frigate doesn't look half bad. Maybe a darker blue? or a red perhaps?

I don't even know anymore.

I actually might experiment with a blue Venator. But with the darkest blue possible.

Revenge of the cannon computers....

Looks about right.

The detailing really pops out on the ship when the colours are messed up.

Greatest hangar ever....

Again with the cannon computers.

What is this heresy? CANNON COMPUTER WEDGES!

NFD Iroquois Corvette

CNY Cascade Prowler

Haha, got you. This is a shop not a ship :p

Sith Fury

Spearpoint, NovaDive, Flashfire, and Aruek fighters.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
    Reload anyone?
    But Idk, the Venator looks nice. Fix the textures and then replace the red with blue ... aww yeah, independently owned Venator. And the Republic Frigate could also be neat with dark blue. Lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Venator Star Destroyer WIP Update:
    It's been awhile since I posted any real progress (unless you call the derp of the textures progress) so here it is. The way that the Republic Frigate was docked in the ventral hangar was by a static docking block and a corresponding docker on the frigate which led to some difficulty lining up and departing because the walls of the hangar led to decreased maneuverability.
    Like the Gozanti docking clamps that move via rails so they can be brought into a hangar rather safely (trust me I've tried it without and it didn't end well) the Frigate's docking clamp moves up and down. The clamp can be lowered for ease of departing and docking, and can be raised for transporting and boarding the frigate.

Retracted into the hull for transport

A rear view of the clamp to show the detailing. Note it is still a WIP so it is not finalized but I couldn't bare it just being a flat rectangle.

Fully extended for ease of maneuvering. I'll figure out a way for the airlocks on the Venator itself to fold back so they don't interfere with the Gozanti docks.

Also if you may have noticed I started to experiment with lighting of the ship. The lights that you see are ice crystals behind ice.
    -Republic Frigate and Gozantis mentioned are provided by Jerry_Brinefield
    Also just restating this may not be the final design. The clamps can't be flush with the Frigate because bad things happen when the ship undocks. I had half of the frigate phase into the Venator, not something you see everyday. Perhaps a rail version that actually 'clamps' onto the ship and extends to avoid this issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    StarWars and I have a Frigate that desperately needs a revisit for its side turrets (Man are they terrible, we did them before discovering how to use slabs).

Ours is bigger and much less decorated than yours. It's plain white, grey, and red. Mostly. It's 1:1 scale, so 140 meters long and a little awkward in some areas. As in, the bridge may be too wide, and, as mentioned, the side turrets are terrible. It has barely anything for interior, and the escape pods are a joke.

No, really. Two of them don't even work and the others are only capable of moving you from death in one spot to death a slightly different spot, slightly below and possibly even more dangerous than inside the ship.

Reaction score
    The pods are actually excellent escape pods. Good thrust, minimal shielding, and no weapons of any sort. It's get in, punch the drives, and run for it. No JD either, lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    LIke I said the Republic Frigate was built by Jerry_Brinefield after a little prodding and nudging to get him to make one... I attempted a few times but they were disasters, always had the core in the worst spot. It still needs a little finishing and I messed one side of mine up with an attempt at copy/pasting Bench's USD template.