Auto-Miner

Reaction score
    In case anyone wants it... I made a logic based automatic miner.

When you activate the first activation module, it will start up a clock to pulse the salvage beams. Those feed into a storage system that activates a pulse when no more items are in the second chest (the salvage beam doesn't activate the OR block next to a storage, so I need one more layer of storage to make this all work.) That pulse activates a Push Effect Computer and makes the ship move forward when the salvage beam is no longer dumping items in the chests. This part heavily relies on the ship design (ie: how many push modules you use based on mass, etc. I needed to add mass to make the ship slower using only one beam.) I also have more chests in the chain because I had a bug (or intended design?) where the item seemed to pass right through my second chest without pausing which caused the push pulse to trigger more than it should have.

Best single photo I could get of my system:
    miner.png

As you may be able to see, the salvage beams point down and the push effect pushed forward. This setup uses two rows of salvage beams and a single push pulse moves the ship one block forward (due to the added ballast).

And here is a poor schematic of the system using some non-standard symbols:
    auto-miner.PNG

The purplish boxes are activation blocks, the big squares are storage, and the round thing at the end is the push effect computer. The boat wheel looking things are the delay and the funky looking thing with A/1234 in it is the salvage array.

And if you want, the ship blueprint is attached.

And here it is in action:

mining.png

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thats cool design I am afraid that Big already beat you to it though. Its nice to see someone else going after logic powered salvagers though.

Reaction score
    Thats cool design I am afraid that Big already beat you to it though. Its nice to see someone else going after logic powered salvagers though.
    Not sure who a "Big" is, and I didn't know it was a competition ;) I just enjoyed building it and thought someone might want to see how I went about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thats his ign (idk his forum name) though I have not seen him in a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    In case anyone wants it... I made a logic based automatic miner.

When you activate the first activation module, it will start up a clock to pulse the salvage beams. Those feed into a storage system that activates a pulse when no more items are in the second chest (the salvage beam doesn't activate the OR block next to a storage, so I need one more layer of storage to make this all work.) That pulse activates a Push Effect Computer and makes the ship move forward when the salvage beam is no longer dumping items in the chests. This part heavily relies on the ship design (ie: how many push modules you use based on mass, etc. I needed to add mass to make the ship slower using only one beam.) I also have more chests in the chain because I had a bug (or intended design?) where the item seemed to pass right through my second chest without pausing which caused the push pulse to trigger more than it should have.

Best single photo I could get of my system:
    View attachment 6687

As you may be able to see, the salvage beams point down and the push effect pushed forward. This setup uses two rows of salvage beams and a single push pulse moves the ship one block forward (due to the added ballast).

And here is a poor schematic of the system using some non-standard symbols:
    View attachment 6688

The purplish boxes are activation blocks, the big squares are storage, and the round thing at the end is the push effect computer. The boat wheel looking things are the delay and the funky looking thing with A/1234 in it is the salvage array.

And if you want, the ship blueprint is attached.

And here it is in action:

View attachment 6690
    Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For folks like me looking for help building a craft of this type, it may be helpful to note that this sment file no longer works in the current version 0.199.132. I think the clock design is outdated, all the clocks I see now have an OR in place of the AND shown here. Also, the diagram has 5 storage clocks while the sment has 8, so there might be more discrepancies I haven't noticed. I really appreciate the effort that went into this post, but unfortunately it has not helped me in my quest to build a lazy miner.

Reaction score
    For folks like me looking for help building a craft of this type, it may be helpful to note that this sment file no longer works in the current version 0.199.132. I think the clock design is outdated, all the clocks I see now have an OR in place of the AND shown here. Also, the diagram has 5 storage clocks while the sment has 8, so there might be more discrepancies I haven't noticed. I really appreciate the effort that went into this post, but unfortunately it has not helped me in my quest to build a lazy miner.
    I don't have an update for this... but the jist of it is that storage used to (maybe it still does, haven't tried) send a signal to an activation block sitting right next to it when an item is added or the last item is removed. The salvage computer was connected to a storage that held a few items and another bigger storage would pull items out of that. If you hook a signal up to this activation block, invert it with a NOT and tie it to a push beam, you will actually move your ship forward a tiny bit when the chest is empty (when nothing more is being mined). It was a fine balance of mass vs push beams, so you may have to experiment.