Auto Jumpdrive charge

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Frankly it's kind of tedious to hold down the mouse button to charge the engine. Would it be possible to make it so you only have to click once and let it charge, or click again to cancel the charge up?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The whole hold and click system is meant to prevent you from charging and firing. Jumping out mid-combat is something that isn't wanted in the long run, and a click once system kinda makes that easier.

But yes, holding is annoying. Currently you can hook up the jump computer to a logic clock to charge though (have to link it back to the core to jump). Is something to try until they can improve/finish the jump mechanics.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The whole hold and click system is meant to prevent you from charging and firing. Jumping out mid-combat is something that isn't wanted in the long run, and a click once system kinda makes that easier.
    Then stop charging if the player switches to a different inventory slot. There is NO reason and I reiterate, NO reason to wear out people's fingers this way.

I actually hope to see some sort of sustained warp, or a hybrid of jump and sustained warp in the future. I don't like the charge-jump-charge-jump-charge-jump way of traveling, although it would be a lot more tolerable if I didn't have to mash the mouse button so much, or if there were an autopilot that would keep jumping toward the destination.

Currently, it is possible to link a jump drive to a logic clock to charge it. My friends tell me that it is slower than charging it by hand, however. The real problem is that you have to unlink the drive from the core to charge it with logic, then re-link the drive to the core to jump because for some reason logic can't activate the darn thing. This feature needs fixed too. I say we need a way to fire the drive once it's charged and the ability to link it to logic and the core simultaneously.