Attaching rails to docked entity

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for inquiring about this with the devs. I do agree that instant transfer is really useful, should have a place in the game. Since it is a bug, and thus not safe to rely on, does anyone know a reliable alternative to moving an entity from one dock to another? Perhaps Endal's crane mechanism? I need to pull that apart and see how it works.
    It's nothing fancy, just a pickup point. If you need to grab things that are currently docked you'll need an assistant to undock the thing for you.
    Such is Starmade.

Reaction score
    Thanks for inquiring about this with the devs. I do agree that instant transfer is really useful, should have a place in the game. Since it is a bug, and thus not safe to rely on, does anyone know a reliable alternative to moving an entity from one dock to another? Perhaps Endal's crane mechanism? I need to pull that apart and see how it works.
    You know that you don't need a shootout rail to undock stuff, do you allready?

Reaction score
    Yeah, sending a high signal to a rail should undock it (last I checked) and you can combine that with wireless module to remotely detach it. The catch is I want it to undock, move, and then dock someplace else on an entirely different entity. With the 2 second redocking delay, this is probably not possible while in motion. The exploit I showed will let you bypass that delay, which could make such transfers possible, but since it is a bug and not an intended function, trying to use that is only going to force me to redo it at a later point.

The reason I would desire this function would be so that my Zaku can change out weapons. MS-06a Zaku II (Type A: First Mass Production Type) Since pulse weapons are going a way, I have to revise my melee strategy to revolve around disposable warhead axes. It'd be nice to carry around extras.

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sadly, I don't forsee such smooth inter-entity transfer to come to Starmade for a while. For now you'll have to make do with stopping time, transitioning to an epic rainbow background and attaining a striking pose before changing your weapon.

Reaction score
    ProfDriftwood I've tried your constellation with shootout rail into the next entity, but unfortunetly the transferred dock just gets stuck. It docks to the next entity like it should, but it stops moving and is not able to undock anymore, even after removing the rail docker. I have to deconstruct the transferred dock to "set it free". Do you have any ideas, why?

Here's a screenshot:

Attachments

Reaction score
    I did not encounter that result when testing it Cr1xalis, I can only speculate why. First I'd suggest relogging and trying it again, see if it happens even after restarting the client. I've encountered different bugs with the rails that are typically temporary and resolved that way before, but not quite that one. I did my tests on Light VS Dark, it's possible that server settings could play a factor in whether or not it works. Beyond that I have no idea.