At least a graphics glitch

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Since the latest update I'm getting a graphics glitch. Please see this image. Essentially on every block that has all 6 faces identical the top face is split diagonally as if it were 2 wedges jammed together. It also only happens on blocks placed directly, any blocks automatically placed on the other side of a design symmetry plane appear correct. I've tried different texture packs, and changing what graphics settings I can find in game, and the glitch remains.

I hesitate to call it a bug seeing as nobody else at all on the server I play on has the issue. Any suggestions on the cause and/or fix for this issue would be gratefully received.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    You've probably hit a debug command accidentally and altered a config file.

Specifically one of the following:

In the folder StarMade/data/textures

texOrderNormal.config
    texOrderPointToOrientation.config

In the folder StarMade/data/config

vertexInfo.properties

EDIT: Please follow this link Textures Issue to view a guide on fixing the issue and ignore the attachments. Thanks! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This happened to me after my toddler snuck up and hit every she could lol. Idk what she hit, but a game restart fixed me up

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well. thanks for the attached .zip file. When I got into the textures folder I saw all three texOrder*.config files had two versions, one dated the 27th, one dated back in December that included the word "Original" in the file name. I deleted the three, and edited the others to remove Original and it fixed the issue. Thanks for the prompt reply.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Well. thanks for the attached .zip file. When I got into the textures folder I saw all three texOrder*.config files had two versions, one dated the 27th, one dated back in December that included the word "Original" in the file name. I deleted the three, and edited the others to remove Original and it fixed the issue. Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Probably should of mentioned... don't touch the ".original" labelled files. ^^'

Following the steps again in my above post will ensure the most up to date texture coordinates for blocks. Older ones may contain wrongly orientated textures which are not immediately noticeable.

Copy, paste and overwrite using the contents of the zip archive into the correct directories and you're good to go. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    *sighs* yeah, i tend to go off half-cocked like that sometimes. Know just enough to really screw stuff up. reverted what I had done before and have used the files you so kindly zipped for me. Let's see if I really hosed it up now...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    just to follow up, everything is as it should be now. Thanks again.

Reaction score
    Wonderfull ! following the step in the post kupu thank you so much ! My game became again beautiful as before:)