Asteroids Cloning, causing major lag

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Our private recording server is having a problem where identical asteroids spawn into each other causing major collision checks and a lot of lag.

Logging off and letting the sector unload stops the collision calculations, and afterwards two identical asteroids sit next to each other. Is there something we can do to solve this issue, and what will you need from us?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can the Asteroids on your server move? Making Asteroids unable to move might solve it to. That way you can keep the Asteroid respawn so systems keep the supply of ores. Asteroid movement is known to cause all sort of weird things none of them good.

server.cfg

ASTEROIDS_ENABLE_DYNAMIC_PHYSICS = false //enables asteroids to be able to move in space

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yes, you want asteroid dynamic physics disabled. My server was not even playable until I did that. (I'm not sure what the setting does, you can still move asteroids by pushing with a massive ship...)

Reactions: Top 4ce

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thanks for the reply guys, we'll indeed go that path to keep things simpler and more "to stock" game play.

Reactions: Batavium
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the reply guys, we'll indeed go that path to keep things simpler and more "to stock" game play.
    We have been getting Asteroid problems on Brierie and as it looks now. ???Setting Asteroids to be unable to move does not prevent them to double spawn??? "unknown at this point see edit". So for now it is best to disable Asteroid Respawn.

EDIT

Sometimes things get lost in translation...

I was under the impression that with the enabling of Asteroid respawn they were also set to be unmovable. This however was not the case.

Brierie now runs with Asteroids set to be unmovable and i will report back if that solves anything.

You can also try contacting OmegaGame the current Admin on Brierie. However he can only act as a go between as he does not own the server. But he is on more frequently then myself and might therefore give an answer faster.

Last edited: