Asteroid Respawn

Reaction score
    Hello

I been playing around with mining asteroids from my station and hauling them to my station using push beams, the basic idea is to simulate that miners haul asteroids to the station and push them in to a salvage area for processing. There by creating a steady supply of material using the asteroid respawn system.

How ever, i did no know that asteroids will respawn in there last know saved condition, this means i now have a bunch of asteroid that a totally messed up in varios states of "decay".

How do i as a normal player trigger a proper asteroid respawn?
    Can the admin trigger a asteroid respawn that will not mess with everything else in the sector?

This also mean you are FORCED to ALWAYS mine asteroids fully and you MUST follow the server save tick, this is very bad for game play.

thanks in advance.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You have to mine them fully and that's why you tend to see auto miners that eat the whole thing and just discard the things they don't want.

Although it might be a bug that they respawn in last saved state or it might not be but that should be a setting admins can get too. If not it really should be. :)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It is neither a bug, or preventable. The Asteroid respawning mechanic, as far as I can tell, is just to "mot delete the entity file", meaning that the entity gets restored after a while. It's a really old placeholder mechanic.

Could try the admin command /populate_sector X Y Z, not sure what it does, nor have I ever tried it, but it says it can be used to reset a sectors.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    It is reported as a broken game mechanic... bug or not is still up to be decided by game development.
    I am sure the current behaviour isnt the final version.

Reaction score
    So the only thing i can do to "fix" the asteroids at my base is to push broken ones away, build a big mining ship that vaporizes asteroids instantly and never mine close to a server tick.

Also looking in to automated mining

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well, as server owner you could manually delete there files while the server is offline, erasing them completely.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So the only thing i can do to "fix" the asteroids at my base is to push broken ones away, build a big mining ship that vaporizes asteroids instantly and never mine close to a server tick.

Also looking in to automated mining
    Well you can mine close to your base just make sure what is used to mine them mines them totally. No one ever said you had to mine them outright on site where they were found. :p