Ask Benevolent27 - And your wildest dreams will come true!

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Another round of voting has begun!

So, you may be wondering who to vote for? Well, I hope you (yes you!) will consider my application and vote for Pedro.. Err. I mean vote for me! :D

I have been playing StarMade now for about 8 months, with about 1,600 hours logged. My girlfriend misses me sometimes.. but this is a game I am passionate about and though I already love the game, I know it will just keep getting better and better.

When I first started playing, I ran a small server with some friends. Then I moved to the online community. I was first a peacekeeper, who helped others, gave free rides from spawn, free ships, and protected people from both pirates and players. But, because of the lack of PVP going on in the server, my role was very limited and it seemed that only the decorative builders were having any fun. Though I think this is a great part of the game, I think StarMade should be more than just about designing pretty ships. And so I decided it was time to create a bit of chaos. And thus I created the persona, DestroyerOfWorlds. Through my experiences in attempting to trade, wage war, help others, ect. I have accumulated a lot of knowledge about how this game works, from logic to weapons to combat.

If elected, here are my promises:
    -I will fight for your opinions if they are good ones, even if they are contrary to my own. To me, being on the council isn't about fighting for what I want, it's about prioritizing what everyone wants and making sure the final game has options for everyone.

-I will be as open and honest with you as possible. There will probably be things I cannot discuss, but for what I can, you can bet I'll have constructive conversation with you. I make time for people.

-Ways to fundamentally increase the fun of actually using your ship in combat, for exploration, and for trading are a high priority for me. Everyone should be able to take on different kinds of roles for what they'd prefer. As it stands, I feel the game could use a little work in allowing more variety, so this will be a focus for me when I work with the developers. On the suggestion forums I have popular threads to introduce DOT weapons, hacking, charge-up weapons, scaleable home base protection, StarCharts for exploring the known universe and trading maps, a good personal trading system, overhaul of the personal shops, and changes to the navigation menu to make it easier to explore. When I think of ideas on how to make the game better, I have everyone in mind.

-Ensuring the game is bug free and having plenty of build options are also high priorities for me. I have suggested freeform building, custom build helper shapes, and have made error submissions on Shine's error reporting service, Phabricator. One of the threads I am currently participating in is about the blueprint lag that happens on the servers. I am also very good at finding exploits and the admins of my server (Shattered Skies!) can vouch for me that I report them rather than use them.

So, in conclusion, if you want someone who has good judgement, is trustworthy, has good knowledge on how this game works, and will fight for this game to be better for everyone, then you should totally vote for me. :)

If you'd like to see my application for council, which includes a more complete list of all the suggestion threads I have made and more on my credentials, check out my application here: Benevolent27 Council App

If you have any questions or comments, they are welcome, as always! :D

Good luck to all of the candidates. And thank you for your time. Have a great day!

Last edited: