Armor Revamp: Focus on Armor HP over Block Destruction

Reaction score
    I would go so far as to add a minimum damage which is somehow calculated based on mass/armor distribution or something (someone smarter than I can figure that part out:-p). If an attack hits armor and does less damage than that minimum, it does nothing. If it's over the minimum, then it starts causing damage. This is more like real-life armor. You could shoot 1,000,000 rounds of 9mm Luger at a main battle tank and it will never dent or damage the armor because the steel is too hard and most small-arms fire is below the damage threshold. Upgrade to .50 BMG with armor-piercing incendiary ammo, though, and you'll get throug.
    You can destroy any armor by 9mm bullets. Water can destroy stones. Your suggestion will make drones with big firerate useless.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Blast doors -> R to open.

Laughably easy to exploit.
    You would effectively end up with nigh-impenetrable but incredibly dense and heavy armour, which kinda balances itself.

Alternatively, open door-type blocks could just not contribute to AHP...

Regardless, I don't particularly like this suggestion. Armor with AHP should feel tougher, perhaps, but this just takes things to the extreme. The point of armor is that it can take a lot of damage, not take no damage whatsoever.

Reaction score
    Regardless, I don't particularly like this suggestion. Armor with AHP should feel tougher, perhaps, but this just takes things to the extreme. The point of armor is that it can take a lot of damage, not take no damage whatsoever.
    Answer: Percentages \0/!
    AHP would reduce a percentage of damage taken by armor blocks based on how much[%] AHP was left. So Adv armor would only take 1% damage until 10% loss, 5% until 15%, 10:25, 20:35, 40:50, 60:50, 75:75, 80:80, 90:90, and finally 100% damage at no AHP. Maybe smooth the curves between the datapoints.

(Don't take my numbers for granted, this is a rough idea of it. Standard and Hull blocks would have comparatively weaker values, degrading to full damage at a faster rate, then maybe slowing in the last 90% damage taken and slowly going 91,92,93 while the rest of the AHP is destroyed.)
    I'll be going off percentages again, because they scale he best and are easiest to work with. An armor block checks all it's sides if they have armor blocks on them. If there are armor blocks along those axises then it gets a damage reduction based on how many there are.

One Adv armor block gives a 25% damage reduction, Standard armor would give a start of 17.5, and Hull a start of 10. Then each additional armor block would increase the effect by 50% of the previous improvement(25, 37.5, 44.25, ect). This would mean people could have a single layer of Adv armor, then hull, but they could be easily stripped of the Adv layer and would be stuck with a great disadvantage with a max of only 20% damage reduction as apposed to 50%.

This might stack multiply with my other system, so if this system means that it takes 50% damage, and my other system means it will take 40% damage, they multiply to a total damage taken of 20%.
    This doesn't feel right to post this, but I did make a point and a solution just a few posts earlier.would this work?