Are there any Populated servers?

Reaction score
    Hello, I used to play starmade a few years ago and decided I wanted to come back and see the new content.

However the most populated server I can find has 5 people in it. Is the game's community dying? or are the populated servers whitelist only or something.

Thanks

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    The community is hibernating (at best) while waiting for the universe update (StarMade News - Universe Update Roadmap #1) in hopes that it brings some content and/or somewhat balanced systems that work properly (or at least some hilariously exploitable bugs).

Reactions: Mordrin

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, the universe change is going to be BIG. Most of us who are still actively playing are doing so in single player. I know I'm working on shell builds right now. I should make a thread for that...

Reactions: jstenholt
    Reaction score
    question is while the infamous universe update ever come around and will it add or remove a peg in this sinking ship before it rots away.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ultimately it came down to choice. Does the user or the creator decide how you play or build in this SANDBOX game. Schema said it is my way or the highway. So now I play Outrun.

If you do not like how Schema currently wants you to play or build in this game. Then waiting for the Universe Update is pointless as well. Because the Universe Update does not effect these things in any way, shape or form. The Universe Update aims to add game play elements that will interact with the user or add elements that the user can interact with. The absence of which never stopped people from playing in the past. Being told how to play or build did that.

The discussions about this went on for years reaching a climax in power 2.0 There was simple nothing more left to say after that. Schema had made his choice and that was the end of the story.

Reactions: Mordrin
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Ultimately it came down to choice. Does the user or the creator decide how you play or build in this SANDBOX game. Schema said it is my way or the highway. So now I play Outrun.

If you do not like how Schema currently wants you to play or build in this game. Then waiting for the Universe Update is pointless as well. Because the Universe Update does not effect these things in any way, shape or form. The Universe Update aims to add game play elements that will interact with the user or add elements that the user can interact with. The absence of which never stopped people from playing in the past. Being told how to play or build did that.

The discussions about this went on for years reaching a climax in power 2.0 There was simple nothing more left to say after that. Schema had made his choice and that was the end of the story.
    I strongly believe that every game creator, by the simple fact that THEY are making the game, decide how you're supposed to play or build. If you want to build another way then either choose another game or make the one you want.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Then, and honestly not trying to be snarky, why are you still here?

If you've given up on Starmade and moved on to another game, why stay on the forums?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I’ll speak for myself when I say: The nostalgia, the great times had, hope for change, and the promise/potential the game has.

Or as some of us call it “skubholme syndrome”

Reactions: Crusade
    Reaction score
    I strongly believe that every game creator, by the simple fact that THEY are making the game, decide how you're supposed to play or build. If you want to build another way then either choose another game or make the one you want.
    Then, and honestly not trying to be snarky, why are you still here?

If you've given up on Starmade and moved on to another game, why stay on the forums?
    It is the developers prerogative to do what ever they like with their game, and i think most got the hint with the power updates.
    So the Shine fan club got there wish with the "If you do not like it leave" mentality, and for that star made is now diminished and less.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It is the developers prerogative to do what ever they like with their game, and i think most got the hint with the power updates.
    So the Shine fan club got there wish with the "If you do not like it leave" mentality, and for that star made is now diminished and less.
    I know many players who are not playing and are either waiting for the universe update to revisit the game or build in single player.
    Personally, I've been using the time to build and visit other game interests.

Reaction score
    Is the game's community dying? or are the populated servers whitelist only or something.
    I'm sorry to inform you that we all died of old age waiting for Starmade to make it out of Alpha. Except me.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Hello, I used to play starmade a few years ago and decided I wanted to come back and see the new content.

However the most populated server I can find has 5 people in it. Is the game's community dying? or are the populated servers whitelist only or something.

Thanks
    Your numbers aren't legit unless you only logged on once and it was like 4am.
    You just appeared and this is your only post.
    You used to play before (but never made a docks account... or it was banned) and you just came back and your only and most important question is:

"This game is so ded!"

Yeah, I buy that. You're totally for real.

Reactions: Gasboy and Edymnion
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    wauv MacThule that is just bat shit crazy.

you see to many conspiracies, i bet you also believe in flat earth
    ...What?

Are you saying that trolling is "a conspiracy?"

Saying "the biggest server right now is 5 ppl" is an outright lie.
    [doublepost=1551554155,1551553965][/doublepost]
    i bet you also believe in flat earth
    And really? What - are we five?

Don't bait me.

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    well ... this is not leading anywhere, but this game has never been really popular. so even if we have 20 people playing on servers at the same time, or even 50, just for the sake of argument, it is still far away from being "alot".

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Your numbers aren't legit unless you only logged on once and it was like 4am.
    You just appeared and this is your only post.
    You used to play before (but never made a docks account... or it was banned) and you just came back and your only and most important question is:

"This game is so ded!"

Yeah, I buy that. You're totally for real.
    MacThule calls anyone on the forums who he doesn't like an alt tbh. I like how his first reaction to someone asking a legit question is hostility and accusations. Why are you so toxic? All the "meany pvpers" and their "total alts" left. They don't give a shit anymore and have jumped off the bandwagon months ago.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why are you so toxic? All the "meany pvpers" and their "total alts" left. They don't give a shit anymore and have jumped off the bandwagon months ago.
    No they didn't. I still get harassed by them on places like Reddit.