Are devs thinking about StarMade supporting Overwolf?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I use raptor, which last I checked doesn't yet work with starmade and recently switched from Fraps to OBS for recording. The game already is on steam so the overlay works and the game has it's own screenshot features.

Reaction score
    You lied to me! You said Shadowplay will work for my current GPU (Nvidia GeForce 820M)
    The only thing I have avaliable is game optimisation!!! I don't want to optimise games!
    So that's why I use Overwolf. Because you don't need to have limitations. P.S. I use a notebook to play.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I also would like if Overwolf supported Starmde, but Schine has no control over it, support for a specific game has to be added by the Overwolf Development Team, I'm not sure where i saw it (it was either in the Overwolf Appstore when I tried adding a game manually to my library that they did not support, or on their website somewhere) but, they have a way for you to request support for a specific game.

Reactions: GRHayes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You lied to me! You said Shadowplay will work for my current GPU (Nvidia GeForce 820M)
    The only thing I have avaliable is game optimisation!!! I don't want to optimise games!
    So that's why I use Overwolf. Because you don't need to have limitations. P.S. I use a notebook to play.
    Yes, you fell straight into my trap.
    In the time it took you to go through the laborous process of checking facts, I subtly hacked into your computer and removed Shadowplay.
    Now you will forever remain insecure about your computer's capabilities and you will never have convenient way of saving gameplay footage afterwards.

Just according to plan, one step closer to resurrecting Adolf Hitler.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I presume English isn't your first language. I didn't lie to you, I said "it could very well be" what means there's a chance you may have the software already installed and working. For the rest it's all dependent on how recent the graphics card is and what its capabilities are. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Yes, you fell straight into my trap.
    In the time it took you to go through the laborous process of checking facts, I subtly hacked into your computer and removed Shadowplay.
    Now you will forever remain insecure about your computer's capabilities and you will never have convenient way of saving gameplay footage afterwards.

Just according to plan, one step closer to resurrecting Adolf Hitler.
    I have 3 reasons to hate you. Troll.
    1. What you wrote was trolling.
    2. I hate trolls.
    3. My logic: You troll me, I hate you.
    Now go to off-topic, my friend.

Well, I presume English isn't your first language. I didn't lie to you, I said "it could very well be" what means there's a chance you may have the software already installed and working. For the rest it's all dependent on how recent the graphics card is and what its capabilities are. ;)

Greets,

Jan
    Yes. I am Polish.
    I must to look at GPU when I will have free time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I have 3 reasons to hate you. Troll.
    1. What you wrote was trolling.
    2. I hate trolls.
    3. My logic: You troll me, I hate you.
    Now go to off-topic, my friend.
    hey don't be racist, I am geniunely trying to help you here

I myself have GTX 750, it's model number is many digits smaller than yours so obviously you are ahead in technological progress with your graphical display of pixel mass that form shapes and colors in our LCD-monitors in a manner that allows our brains to comprehend in a manner that makes us see sound and hear color regardless of how much potato vodka any invidual has consumed.

you must embarg upon a quest to retrieve vital info on acquiring the sacred secrets to calm the flame-spirits of cursed N-lord of Vidia, these secrets exist beyond our material realm, beyond touch of human hand. The names of them are known to few and whispered in the darkest corners of earth.

They are known as the scrolls of "Drivers"

Find them, and bring them to your home.
    But you must prepare in a manner that honors the machine-spirits of your logic-engine, lest you shall suffer a fiery death and the scorching grasp of N-lord Vidia's curse. After these rituals have been carried out succesfully, Omnissiah-, praise the name, -may reveal you the Shadows of Play.

Reaction score

I myself have GTX 750, it's model number is many digits smaller than yours so obviously you are ahead in technological progress with your graphical display of pixel mass that form shapes and colors in our LCD-monitors in a manner that allows our brains to comprehend in a manner that makes us see sound and hear color regardless of how much potato vodka any invidual has consumed.

you must embarg upon a quest to retrieve vital info on acquiring the sacred secrets to calm the flame-spirits of cursed N-lord of Vidia, these secrets exist beyond our material realm, beyond touch of human hand. The names of them are known to few and whispered in the darkest corners of earth.

But you must prepare in a manner that honors the machine-spirits of your logic-engine, lest you shall suffer a fiery death and the scorching grasp of N-lord Vidia's curse. After these rituals have been carried out succesfully, Omnissiah-, praise the name, -may reveal you the Shadows of Play.
    Don't forget to sacrifice an old SVGA card to Inverticus the Greek God of large inverters. With out this your quest might well fail. At which point Resetus Maxima might not even be able to save you.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It it ain't cross-platform, it's crap. :p This is not cross-platform.
    it is about time we free software from corporates greedy grasp thus indie games which are available on several platforms are the key to real success

Reaction score

That was actually cool :)
    Also, it wasn't racist, only my complicated mind thinks in other way.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love how at first, it's a really obvious advertisement, but as you read more posts, you learn that the OP is genuinely a fan of Overwolf. :p

However, Schine shouldn't be put under the pressure of providing to Overwolf. As people have previously stated, Overwolf is responsible for creating compatibility for games, as Overwolf is the only company that benefits. Therefore, you should be asking Overwolf about this, not Schine, which won't go far, since the game's still in early alpha, and they'll want to wait 'till it's fully released.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What if people don't have Shadowplay? What are you gonna do?
    Shell out $$$ to buy an Nvidia GPU that supports shadow play because AMD sux!

Seriously though, there's a ton of recording programs out there... As for the chatting aspect, use steam (for the overlay)? Or alt tab?

Reaction score
    Shell out $$$ to buy an Nvidia GPU that supports shadow play because AMD sux!

Seriously though, there's a ton of recording programs out there... As for the chatting aspect, use steam (for the overlay)? Or alt tab?
    Where I told you that my laptop has NVIDIA drivers?

Also, I am a player that requires lots from programs. Even from recorders.
    Recording software must:
    • be free
    • no watermarks
    • no recording time limits
    • supports all games
    • high quality, at least 720p
    • save in a readable format
    Overwolf meets all requirements except support games one. I wonder how Shadowplay will play out.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Since we went so deep into Tech Specs... anyone has an idea how to get my craptop to render Java with the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one on the CPU?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Since we went so deep into Tech Specs... anyone has an idea how to get my craptop to render Java with the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one on the CPU?
    Would first need to know what GPU this is. Although I haven't faced this issue myself, since the CPU's integrated graphics simply doesn't work so long as I have a GPU plugged in.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Go into the Nvdia control panel, there's an option to assign which GPU should be used as default for programs (or everything).

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Go into the Nvdia control panel, there's an option to assign which GPU should be used as default for programs (or everything).
    Which would definitely work if I I wasn't using only AMD chips. A6 CPU, R5 M230 GPU, R4 integrated GPU

Reaction score
    • Tester
    seems there isnt a unified way to make these setting for amd systems. I found this on the web, but cant confirm it i have no AMD APU with dedicated 2nd GPU.
    "Open the control center in the same way as above. You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance. You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Guessing you have an AMD APU. I have an A8-3850 plus a dedicated R7 260x it works perfectly. If you are running an AMD graphics card you shouldn't really behaving this issue. Those settings are pretty much taken care of through AMD/ATI driver software.
    However, if you are running an Nvidia card with the APU you probably are going to need to change your bios setting and turn the APU graphics off and tell it to just use card one as the main. Some older Boards with APUs also needed you to do even ATI cards the same way or have a matching card to make use of both.