Anyone up for murdering the dev build when it comes out?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I can't make it for (most) of the weekend, but I can still host a small server (voice prob) if y'all need it.

Reaction score
    Seems like you don't need any AI on board as well for the ship to function as a fleet member, which is interesting I guess.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well then it can be assumed that the ships are being controlled or receiving orders from the mothership, but I would say that IMHO there should at least be a bobbyai or equivalent on the ships...

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Bobby AI, or NPC crew should be required for fleets in the long run.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I'm kind of hoping it requires crew, period, unless you are flying a carrier with carrier drone-link modules to control BOBBY AIs. (These modules should also cost power)

Reaction score
    I'm happy with Bobby AI being used until quarters/proper NPCs get implemented, but long term I agree. Bobby AI should be solely a short range thing, capable of undocking, attacking then redocking. And even then they shouldn't be as clever in combat as NPCs. I'm not too sure about power cost though, as long as NPCs are noticeably better I don't think it's that important.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    The new AI Docking Rails are confusing me at the moment. How do you use the Pickup Rail, Shoot Off Rail, and Pickup Module? Also their textures are broken. XD

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    The new AI Docking Rails are confusing me at the moment. How do you use the Pickup Rail, Shoot Off Rail, and Pickup Module? Also their textures are broken. XD
    Oh man, I didn't even think those would be in there.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They have placeholders, but for the record they're supposed to be invisible anyway.

The Shoot Off Rail is intended to accelerate ships to high speed and then undock them... Currently, it does this, but the ships stop when they undock, a bug which has already been reported.

The Pick Up Rail and Pick Up Area don't seem to be functional at all, at the moment. The way I'd imagine it working, though, ships would fly into the Pick Up Area and would be automatically docked to the Pick Up Rail, from which they could appear to fly into your hangar bay and onto your system of normal rails. (In reality, though, they would simply be travelling along invisible Pick Up Rails.)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    So I'm guessing having the shoot offs aimed at a solid object isn't going to end well. XD

Reactions: nightrune

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i sense a warhead torpedo launcher in the future. also while i was playing around with the fleets i thought that you know what would be really useful? another version of the core docking beam thats used to issue orders. like you shoot this order beam at a enemy ship to order your fleet to attack this target
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456368980,1456368207][/DOUBLEPOST]also anyone think that these new rail blocks should be used in conjunction with the shipyard system? like when you finish a ship they can be moved out of dock to enable the next ship to be built

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    also anyone think that these new rail blocks should be used in conjunction with the shipyard system? like when you finish a ship they can be moved out of dock to enable the next ship to be built
    That would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    it seems when my fleet enters a hostile system (pirate station) it does not attack even with an attack order

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Have you tried vs a player fleet or no? Does this just happen on AI ships/stations.ect?

Reaction score
    I haven't been able to get fleets to attack anything either. Something else that needs looking into is how close ships fly to each other in formation, spaceships shouldn't be crashing into each other because they're too close. It's not like running out of room is a risk.

I really like how the controls work though. Very simple. I can't wait to see it fleshed out more.

Reactions: nightrune