Anybody out there skilled with SMEdit?

Reaction score
    I have a concept for a large organic looking space station based on 120 deg radial symmetry (3 equally spaced arms). After spending 4 or 5 hours (off and on) getting to know Blender 3d better, I have a very nice (I think) mesh shell in the form of a *.obj file.

I would be pleased to share this design with my fellow gamers here... but I need someone with a 64-bit Windows machine to convert the mesh file (*.obj) over to a blueprint. All my 64-bit machines are Linux only, and SMEdit doesn't play with Linux right now.

I did try to import it into SMEdit with a 32-bit Win7 test image in VirtualBox. But 32-bit java is limited to 1 gigabyte memory, and that appears to be too little for a mesh scaled to 1,376 blocks/meters. Binvox handled it quickly and without errors, so it should import fine with more memory.

Anyone is welcome to use this mesh file to create a StarMade blueprint, so long as they post the basic rough back in this thread for all to use. It has a ".zip" extension, but is actually a ".7z" 7-zip file. The mesh is designed to scale to 1,376 meters/blocks; so hopefully it will import at that size. That is the metric you enter when you import a mesh into SMEdit. I'm estimating the resulting shell will be between 400k and 700k blocks.

*.obj file:
    mushroom_station02.zip

.edited 25 May 2015:

Some more screen-shots of it in-game:

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Were you able to try it with 2 or more gigabytes memory AtraUnam?

Reaction score
    Thank you e4278!

It is awesome to finally see it in the game itself. :)

Now I'll convert it to a station print.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432586659,1432585076][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nah for some reason SMedit doesn't like that.
    I still appreciate the attempt AtraUnam, thank you.