"Antimatter cannons" replaced by lasers, and REAL antimatter cannons added. Galacticraft-like fuel s

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    First off, a big fat sorry for that topic I posted on the furniture. Shouldn't have said 'important' like that, but I can tell you that I never meant to 'whine at people's disagreement'! Delete all my topics apart from this, please, moderators?

Anyway. I love science (PHYSICS) and read up on it. One day I realised that this game does not actually have anti-matter cannons. It has lasers. This is what I'm suggesting:

Actual lasers: nothing needs to be done to the antimatter cannons but rename them to something like Schema-dyne laser array or something. Very small, but important (oi) change to the weapons system.

Antimatter cannons: this can be left out for ages, but I think that we shouldn't actually entirely remove AMCs. First of all, we'd need to produce the antimatter in a particle accelerator, or, even better, get a machine that turns matter into antimatter (with much power cost, or not?) to be shot out, or we could produce very powerful things like anti-supeheated ionized gas (plasma) So, that would pulse (ion) melt (superheated) and annihlate (anti) or is that OP? It could be. Thus... perhaps this is a terrible idea?

Fuel like galacticraft and nuclear power like Atomic Science, mods for minecraft. I think it would be nice.

:)

wolfboyft

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Delete all my topics apart from this, please, moderators?

You can do that by yourself.

1. go to \"home, news, download, ships, gallery, forum, ...\" bar above
    2. click Forum
    3. Enter \"wolfboyft\" into the search engine

Now you get a list of all topics which you opened or posted in.

• Then click this tiny little link \"delete\" below your posts / opening-posts and delete either your thread, or your post + all replies and replies to replies of your post.

Done.

BTW: You can\'t evade lasers.

You can only see them if something is hit by them or they travel through dust.

But you can AMCs. They might be a bit too fast at large scale, but are not lasers!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    A laser would be a light beam. If anything, AMCs are pulsed energy weapons.

Reaction score
    They still don\'t fire bolts of matter with opposite electric charge.

Reaction score
    When the weapon update hits, I think that it will just be \"Cannon\".

Reaction score
    AMCs are projectile weapons. Antimatter has mass, and its destructive power doesn\'t trigger until it comes into contact with matter.

Reaction score
    Your AMCs will just be simple cannons by then. Antimatter is actually a lot more danerous than you think. A bottle full can boil an entire lake. Plus, antimatter weaponry are basically cannons/missiles with antimatter in them, they do ahve mass, and thus do not travel at laser speeds. Unless by laser, you are refering to something like a plasma weapon.

Reaction score
    Roughly (in terms of energy produced), a single teaspoon equates to a hydrogen bomb.

The shots ingame (if they were antimatter) are far larger than a teaspoon, and thus should be killing virtually anything in a few direct hits (barring shields).

The current ingame weapon appears to simply be a bolt of plasma, or other high energy material.

Reaction score
    Whatever these AMCs are, they aren\'t antimatter, but not lasers?

Or am I being stupid... :S

All we need to is rename AMCs to what they really are.

Reaction score
    That\'s super-heated ionized gas. The electrics would get \'pulsed\' (you know the pulse weapon?)

And the superheated...ness... would melt hull, right?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t understand what the fuss is. Just don\'t take AMC literally. Renaming it would just be a waste of time.

Reaction score
    Plasma weapons.

-see star wars. I agree it isn\'t the best place to look for realisticness, but it\'s probably the closest lead we have to plasma weapons. Because they don\'t exist. Yet. Plasma can be fired in bolts, just like everything else, because it is basically ionized gas with very high energy. and of coure we can fire gases in bolts, just look at the air cannon.

Reaction score
    Antimatter actually could be harvested from space, as planets with magnetic fields trap solar wind particles as plasma, and that plasma is bombarded by cosmic rays. This would be antimatter in the plasma state, so it would likely be much easier to capture and containt than lab created antimatter.

Perhaps a system where antimatter would be harvested from around planets? I imagine this would make planets have some sort of value, but it also might be imbalanced to smaller factions or newer players who don\'t have the resources to hold entire planets, so perhaps one could purchase it from the trading guild as well?

Just sounds like it might be a good idea for making a new commodity for server trade, which could be adjusted in server settings, and also making AMC\'s and any bomb weapons with antimatter a bit more... scientifically accurate.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    fuel?

For military-grade equipment, maybe. It has to cost a lot maintenance for slight buffs in combat, but make it cheaper when you lose something.

Reaction score
    Just enjoying the Science you do around here XD

@WaffulMan: I miss the Mass Deficit... kinda

@NeoSturm: Well 60 Blocks Antiwater in starmade would be alot more than 60tons of water considering that Earth\'s diameter is 12.756,32km and Starmade Planets are what? 500 Blocks in diameter?Just giving you a Idea of the dimensions we are talking about (not mentioning that earth is round) so you better search your comparision elsewhere...

@obliqueObloquy: Planets would either be exploited or completely destroyed because of the broken balancing Starmade has at the moment also introducing artificial difficulty by limiting ressources in sandbox games ALWAYS leads to such stuff

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @NeoSturm: Well 60 Blocks Antiwater in starmade would be alot more than 60tons of water considering that Earth\'s diameter is 12.756,32km and Starmade Planets are what? 500 Blocks in diameter?Just giving you a Idea of the dimensions we are talking about (not mentioning that earth is round) so you better search your comparision elsewhere...

You forgot something. hint: A letter :)

I think it was 400 blocks. Blocks was just something to give you an imagination about the size compared to a person. 1 block = 1 meter.

Reaction score
    well... dopping 60 tons of antimatter probably would not heat the entire atmosphere. most likely all the antimatter would be turned into energy, then there would be this giant explosion that darkens the sky and causes mass extinctions.

Reaction score
    Ah.... If only I could add something here and make the discusion explode....

RELIGION.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    No, in the name of all things good, don\'t even... Stop shooting Religion Cannons at our Science discussion... the shields will only hold up so long. Then the religion and science will annihilate each other and the thread will blow up...