"Antimatter cannons" replaced by lasers, and REAL antimatter cannons added. Galacticraft-like fuel s

Reaction score
    Kinda like how science is matter and religion is antimatter and they annhilate each other with a supermassive energy burst, no?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I find it hilarious people argue about old weapons when the new weapons are right around the corner...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think its funny that armchair physicist are arguing over real life things in a game where the main character has a block for a head....
    They only rule the game has to follow. Is it fun?

The Starmade can make up anything it likes because its FICTION, and NOT REAL.
    There could be a gun that shoots magical chickens that turn all of your blocks into other chickens.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There could be a gun that shoots magical chickens that turn all of your blocks into other chickens.

That would be fantasy, not sience fiction. You\'ve got NOOO imagination! :P

• There could be a gun that shoots Exotic Matter which turn all of your blocks into pure energy which goes to the enemy ship and strengthen it\'s Exotic Matter cannons.

LOL... some mod please lock this thread :)

Now it\'s getting silly and I don\'t want to let others blame themselves (or blame myself) :D

EDIT: FIX THE DAMN CSS BREAKING ALL MY FORMATTING ... ok, now I can cool-down.

Reaction score
    You\'re thinking of the MARAUDER plasma weapon project. It was designed to deliver not only a heat explosion, but a shower of X-rays that would pass through and disrupt the target\'s electronics like an EMP.

It\'s not neccesarily the only way of making a plasma weapon.

Reaction score
    SHIIIT

I messed up.

30 tons of antimatter, not 60.

You\'re converting 30 tons of matter into energy with 30 tons of antimatter, thus making it 60 tons of energy.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Please don\'t call me \'Wolfboy\' I can understand why people may remove the ft, but why the capital W?

On-topic... so, apparently \"A\"MCs are getting replaced? Oh! Lock this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some logic.

1. It\'s only possible to destroy one block a shot. Therefore, it can\'t be temperature-projectile weapon.
    2. It doesn\'t apply kinetic force on a target. Therefore, it\'s not a kinetic-projectile weapon.
    3. It flies through vacuum or atmosphere similary. Therefore, it can\'t be temperature-projectile or kinetic.
    4. It flies with some non-light speed. Also, speed is regular|able (?). Therefore, it\'s not a photon weapon.
    5. It reacts only upon hit of something. Therefore, not an antimatter.

Now, my thoughts.
    1. It can be antimatter weapon, if we contain some antimatter in a shell. That\'s also describes why it doesn\'t react with gas, but only at hit.
    Also, maybe all the AMCs except one selected as firepoint in a group are particle accelerators which makes antimatter and bring it to the firepoint. The firepoint contains brought antimatter in some kind of magnetic shell and fires it with mini-pulsator in order to make a shot that will not add some speed to firing ship.

2.As 1, but imagine that in shells not antimatter, but any explosive shit.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What we have atm work NOTHING like lasers, laser would be an insta hit beam of light. They wouldn\'t have any travel speed. Lasers in starwars are not realistic at all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Light does travel, for example it takes the light emited from the sun 8 mins untill it hit\'s the suraface of earth, or 8 light mins if we are gonna go all proper and shit. So while the lasers in starwars might not be entierly realistic there is some truth in them, however the way the lasers themself are visualized isn\'t close to the truth at all you just have to crank up the distance a bit.

Reaction score
    photon blast the antimatter shoots the projectile and its still a amc

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    In realistic combat distances in the game (like 500m) the beam would appear to reach the target instantly. That\'s what I meant by no travel speed as the distance is covered instantly.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Photons are light particles. Normally a photon \"blast\" would come in the form of a high-energy laser. And in the case that you mean something like a Star Trek Photon Torpedo, which is not a photon weapon of any kind (They just glow, hence the name.), I don\'t think that any solid-projectile weapon would be able to fire infinite numbers of what are effectively missiles at that rate.