Antiblock weapons

Reaction score
    A question for the community, what would the best weapon be in this senario:
    Your large ship(1mil shield or so? You can support reasonably large weapons) is fighting another large ship and you just downed their shields. Before their shields reboot, try to do the most damage possible to them. What would your weapon combo(s) be? C/c/e? M/P/e? Tell me.
    c:cannon
    P:pulse
    m:missile
    b:beam
    (c/b:cannon/beam)
    E: expolosive
    e:emp
    Ph:push
    Pl:pull
    i(why?):ion
    O:eek:verdrive
    p:punch through
    Miss anything?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1458310699,1458307939][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A question for the community, what would the best weapon be in this senario:
    Your large ship(1mil shield or so? You can support reasonably large weapons) is fighting another large ship and you just downed their shields. Before their shields reboot, try to do the most damage possible to them. What would your weapon combo(s) be? C/c/e? M/P/e? Tell me.
    c:cannon
    P:pulse
    m:missile
    b:beam
    (c/b:cannon/beam)
    E: expolosive
    e:emp
    Ph:push
    Pl:pull
    i(why?):ion
    O:eek:verdrive
    p:punch through
    Miss anything?
    It appears I have stumbled upon the letters you need for the emogis. Whoops.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maximum damage in minimum time?

Missile/Pulse/Explosive in a multiple staggered launch array.

God help your power reserves though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

Unless the enemy has any sort of AMS or happens to be faster than molasses in the middle of winter. Beam Lock-ons aren't bad.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Unless the enemy has any sort of AMS or happens to be faster than molasses in the middle of winter. Beam Lock-ons aren't bad.
    Yeah, but thats the tradeoff. Missiles will do far more damage, but they have to get through PDT. Beams and cannons are much more surgical in their strikes, but can't be stopped.

I usually like putting Missile/Cannon turrets and giving my drones missile/cannon with multiple barrels so that PDT gets overwhelmed unless its super, super heavy. Which gives the nukes a much better chance of making it through.

Reaction score

Ikr
    But what should I be looking for on block count? This is pure antiblock, so do I need 20/20/2 nukes? Or 5/5/1? Or what? Whats the minimum groupings you need to destroy all the blocks(adv armor layers and systems probably)?
    Most of the time missiles waste most of their damage because they have to small of a blast radius.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ikr
    But what should I be looking for on block count? This is pure antiblock, so do I need 20/20/2 nukes? Or 5/5/1? Or what? Whats the minimum groupings you need to destroy all the blocks(adv armor layers and systems probably)?
    Most of the time missiles waste most of their damage because they have to small of a blast radius.
    When going for damage, you want 100% efficiency on your slaved systems. So equal numbers across the board.

A Missile/Pusle/Explosive is going to be HUGE.

My combat miner is running Missile/Beam/Explosive and doing about 1m damage per missile, two missiles per shot, and when I'm pirate farming I have to remember NOT to use it, because it vaporizes all but a half dozen blocks on the Isanth's outside edges so there's nothing left to salvage.

And a Missile/Pulse is going to do a lot more damage than a Missile/Beam.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I personally like a big cannon/beam/punch autogun flak-kek. Which isn't so good against systems but vastly outperforms missiles against armor. Good if your plan involves doing medium amounts damage from the outset instead of large amounts of damage after you get through the armor. This one is kind of a gamble because its worse against shield tanks but better against heavy armor tanks, It also works as 'bug-spray' against drone swarms if you can engage at a distance.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Missile/pulse/explosive is great for big slow targets but you'll need power. Missile/beam/explosive may not have the outright damage and radius but it cost less power and moves a great deal faster. Better chance of getting past PD (in a large battle with 20 or more ships PD can turn into decoration so mileage may vary). Missile/pulse/overdrive hits like a freight train but the power requirements are ridiculous.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Missile/Pulse/Explosive is a garbage weapon that I can't recommend for anyone, unless your enemies are slow with basic or only one layer of standard/advanced. Armor completely annihilates the effectiveness of missiles, unless they're using Pierce.

I recommend some sort of punch cannon, 90% pierce cannon, 10% explosive cannon, or a missile/beam/pierce with multiple outputs or a paired distractor swarm.

Reaction score
    There is completely no reason to use super-nukes.
    You still need your missile to be able to inflict damage to the amount of blocks it is going to hit.
    If you are going to destroy, say, mostly 75 HP systems blocks in a sphere of radius 58 (that's the maximum radius), you need to inflict, for a sec, 4/3 * pi * 58^3 * 75 = 61 296 242 damage. Since you are mostly to going for a half-sphere, it's about 30 648 121 damage. And that's even without accounting for structural HP which is going to shrug off most of this damage. Good luck powering that shit up and delivering it through turrets.
    Even a single armor layer can drop that damage to a completely meaningless number.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As far a non missile goes I tend to stick with cannon/overdrive or cannon/cannon/30%explosive, beam/overdrive, beam/30%explosive, beam/beam/pulse. Beam/emp goes on turrets mostly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you have any sort of aim, dumb-fire missiles aren't terrible for big targets. They don't kill your power completely, have some speed, and still pack a moderate punch.

Reaction score
    I have a ship just for planet and pirate-station busting that's missile/pulse/overdrive. It's a large one-shot of 10m+ damage (more, but i forget the actual number). Pulse is always the best for alpha damage, which is probably what you want for a small timeframe, as the cut-off kinda negates the cooldown.

Reaction score
    I get everyones points(and learned some to) but I wana be a minmaxer wanabe right now. Whats the minimum amount of blocks I can use to do the maximum block distruction?