Ant-Weapon & Pass-Through Forcefield

Reaction score
    A block that let objects/players pass through but stops projectiles and beams.

The idea is to have a semitransparent door that:
    • Protects what is inside from weapons like the regular blast doors, just that doesn't need to be closed/opened.
    • All objects, allies or not, can pass through. To be used for situations where that is not a big problem.

That is already possible if you set the "physical" attribute of the water block to false. Some servers do it, but water has no armor hp and let's beams through. Also looks bad and requires a config modification.
    (UPDATE: You can also use plants and light rods to achieve this, but they don't have any armor)

Something similar is already being implemented, I think: http://starmadedock.net/threads/force-field-blocks.5893/page-2#post-86046
    But that would add a lot of complex things, like energy consumption, it's own hp, etc.
    This new block would be a simplier thing to have in addition to the upcoming forcefield system.

BTW,the title, should say "Anti-Weapon", no "Ant" :p

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I believe this block would be called "water". Unfortunately it doesn't provide any armor, fortunately, it doesn't cost any power, and has light mass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you want an invisible field that does that use the trigger area block and if you want it visible use any color light rods or plants (not trees) just make sure your shielded to stop penetrating weapons.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I get what you're asking for, it's an air shield. You see this in some sci-fi like star trek, and it lets solid objects through but keeps the atmosphere from escaping.

I like the idea, but I wouldn't have it block weapons fire seeing as these are usually put behind a shuttle bay door to keep the air in when the door is open. This definitely be an awesome addition for when we have actual atmosphere on ships and stations.

Reaction score
    If you want an invisible field that does that use the trigger area block and if you want it visible use any color light rods or plants (not trees) just make sure your shielded to stop penetrating weapons.
    Thank you, I didn't thought about rods and plants and they do the job without config modification (like water needs), although they don't have armor nor look very "forcefield". I mantain my suggestion to add this kind of simple forcefield but meanwhile, I will be a little happier with this other blocks.