Another Star Wars Inspired Ship

Reaction score
    Is it close to the exterior of your ship? Because if so, you could put a viewport and/or a turret on the wall. As in, a turret access, just in case someone should want to enter that particular turret. Also, make sure the turret or viewport would fit the hull shape at that point.

Or make an engineering area. Conduits, pipes, fans, all over the walls and ceilings, displays everywhere, you get the idea.

Reactions: IG-1000
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The interior is 99% Done and I am working on the ship systems. However the Missiles have got me stumped they seem to be a bit buggy and the Cannons seem to be bugged to so Idk

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    to make ships interiors seem bigger than they are when making combat style ships, I often use "false" doors where they don't actually lead anywhere/are locked shut but they look like they lead to places.

Reactions: IG-1000
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    to make ships interiors seem bigger than they are when making combat style ships, I often use "false" doors where they don't actually lead anywhere/are locked shut but they look like they lead to places.
    Well I did figure out what to put behind the doors but I like your idea I might put in a few Fake Doors

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Behind Door Number 1 is a Tech Center, not really attached to it though so I might change it starmade-screenshot-0027.png

Behind Door Number 2 is a Holotable

starmade-screenshot-0028.png

Additionally here is the Cell Block

starmade-screenshot-0029.png
    I have a functioning Lift in the Landing Bay, which leads directly to the Cell Block

starmade-screenshot-0030.png
    And this is the Docking Bay Control center

starmade-screenshot-0031.png

Reaction score
    Make a turbolift. Sliding door closes, and you use a standard, probably 3x3, teleporter array to move around. Saves you on corridors and shafts, still looks neat, and also, it's faster.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Make a turbolift. Sliding door closes, and you use a standard, probably 3x3, teleporter array to move around. Saves you on corridors and shafts, still looks neat, and also, it's faster.
    Oh it's got Turbo Lifts and sliding Doors, but the ships interior really isn't large enough to really necessitate Transporters...But hey when I upload the Blueprint peeps can do what they will with it

Reaction score
    My 3K block corvette design (unnamed as of now) uses transporters. I just saved all the blocks from the underside access to the topside bridge that would have been used for a nice-looking claustrophobic corridor.
    But OK, if that's how you like it. I just like to save space. I'm an efficiency sort of guy, even while building RP sections. And honestly, you'd just see more hull anyways, lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My 3K block corvette design (unnamed as of now) uses transporters. I just saved all the blocks from the underside access to the topside bridge that would have been used for a nice-looking claustrophobic corridor.
    But OK, if that's how you like it. I just like to save space. I'm an efficiency sort of guy, even while building RP sections. And honestly, you'd just see more hull anyways, lol.
    Yes I do see your point, however with this ship the Corridors are not excessively long probably only a hundred to a hundred fifty blocks long and there are only two of them. Plus the Corridors do not share the same exact design along the length of them so they look different and unique along the entire length of them.

This is the Corridor leading from the Landing Bay to the rest of the ship, at the end of the hall are the Turbo Lifts to the next Level.
    starmade-screenshot-0032.png
    This is the next Level looking down the Corridor from the Turbo Lifts, this leads to the Ship Core and the Landing Bay Command Center. Also the Turbo lift I am in in the screenshot leads up to the Bridge.

starmade-screenshot-0033.png

I don't fancy myself much of an interior builder so I keep most of the interiors of my ships minimalistic

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    I like minimalistic. It's more realistic. If people can make that epic-looking crystal matrix and crap in their vessel, great, I love it. But for stubbornly un-artistic me, I just make it work. I get an idea, I'll go with it, but once it functions and isn't a newbcube, I'm good enough. At least after I've been working on it long enough.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like minimalistic. It's more realistic. If people can make that epic-looking crystal matrix and crap in their vessel, great, I love it. But for stubbornly un-artistic me, I just make it work. I get an idea, I'll go with it, but once it functions and isn't a newbcube, I'm good enough. At least after I've been working on it long enough.
    lol Literally Same, sometimes my ships don't even have an interior just a hall that goes straight to the Ship Core lol

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've been having some game related issues so I have been able to work on the ship very much

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    One of these days I will finish this ship, but here is some I have been up to