Another Display Update

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would also like to see 3D CSS implemented into displays. (I figure, if you need to learn something to make text dance, or at least hang in space, you should also learn something useful, like CSS.)

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I tend to communicate in large blocks and find the complexities of SM to require extensive explanation for some players. 2048 would be more my speed, but... it sounds like even 1024 amplifies exploitability.

I fell like the game desperately needs improved ability for players to statically convey information, but I'm far more interested in a block that brings up a dialogue window than expanding on a block that causes performance issues and which could easily be used to lag exploit if enhanced further.

Showing text in-game is much-needed also, but until they find a way to do it without hurting performance, we at least need the ability to communicate large amounts of information in a static fashion to train, assign missions, describe projects, detail the workings of an entity or feature, etc.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    After updating Starmade, eager to test out the new display update and start work on a text-based entertainment system I had planned, I was disappointed to find the limit of text allowed on a module remains the same. Not only does this make formatting multiple lines of text so they appear to float difficult, but that means my idea has been completely blown out the window.

I'm sure others agree, that 10 lines and 240 characters not enough. I would like to ask Schine to increase the amount of text and lines at least tenfold to allow for more fancy display module creations such as holographic text screens and my text-based entertainment system.
    I agree. With more capabilities, we need it to be expanded so those capabilities can be used more effectively.

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I will try to support anything that lets me translate remove kebab into an ASCII masterpiece.