Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    An Open letter to the Calderon Republic refugees
    Hello and welcome,

You may know me from different servers and for different reasons. And if you don't know me, well I'm Jaaskinal Maydee, I am the leader of The Monarchy of Thryn on Elwyn and the CEO of it's intelligence agency, Hexagon.

We, as a faction see all starmade servers as part of one starmade universe, and we consider ourselves a Universal Corporate Entity, as such firstly, I would like to extend my deepest sympathy at the series of events that have unfolded resulting in your apparent disbandment. As much as I like to wind people up and cause disdain, that is simply a means to an ends and that ends is war and conflict. However, the total and utter disbandment of an entire faction and specifically one of the few major factions is not something that will ever please me. So again you have my honest sympathy.

But this issue can be fixed, and resolved, and as a Universal corporate entity I hope to help by facilitating that, we do not expect anything in return other then your factions reestablishment and the presence of another substantial faction on the political table.

Should the ex-leadership as a whole not wish to reform, we are willing to provide a home for any loose members looking for somewhere to play. Although our ultimate goal is that your faction reforms, we will not refuse a player in need.

Thanks and good luck to all concerned,

Jaaskinal Maydee, Karadzina

Monarchy of Thryn & Hexagon

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The amount of Déjà vu I have right now is Ridikulass... no idea why.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lol funny, We are around, just waiting for the right time.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Wow, history really repeats itself...
    Tho, I guess CR has became inactive thanks to the last updates, which disencourages any kind of wars... Something I have warned the community the exact day the patch was released.

Why would someone want to risk their precious ships that took like one entire week to assemble ? [since it is a week, suppose it's a frigate (3k to 5k mass)]
    R.I.P. Faction Warfare.
    Now everyone will just be too cautions now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422834601,1422834459][/DOUBLEPOST]I point this back to everyone who disagreeed with me back in time, in this post I've quoted. How many real wars and battles did we had on EE , for example, after the update ?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    inactive, but not gone, we are around. Naw korke history has not repeat itself. as i have not left. and CR not disbanded. This is a joking post lol

Reactions: Jaaskinal

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Wow, history really repeats itself...
    Tho, I guess CR has became inactive thanks to the last updates, which disencourages any kind of wars... Something I have warned the community the exact day the patch was released.

[DOUBLEPOST=1422834601,1422834459][/DOUBLEPOST]I point this back to everyone who disagreeed with me back in time, in this post I've quoted. How many real wars and battles did we had on EE , for example, after the update ?
    So... we have the risk, we just need the reward? I haven't heard much about what happens on servers, from what I do hear, I like it. Ships sounds like they have more value now then they once did, all that's needed is something that is worth the risk of losing ships to fight over. Maybe convince server owners to do some weekly owned systems = small reward thing, I dunno.

Such nostalgia seeing such a post though, quite refreshing for me.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I point this back to everyone who disagreeed with me back in time, in this post I've quoted. How many real wars and battles did we had on EE , for example, after the update ?
    Well, nearly all of Thryn's battles have been after the update, but maybe that's because we'd always been trying to get by through survival methods because we knew that creditspawning wasn't going to last, as opposed to the massive credit spawned fleets that everyone else had assembled.

This whole thread is pretty ridikulass, but your comment here takes the cake, jorge.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That little thing I changed in your wording will hopefully be a bit different after some work and planning.
    That wasn't even a nice battle XD. Just a bit of pew pew and your monstrous turret killing me from two sectors away (I didn't expect that).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    That wasn't even a nice battle XD. Just a bit of pew pew and your monstrous turret killing me from two sectors away (I didn't expect that).
    If our turret is such a problem, then why not just ask Zoro to defaction our homebase and remove it for you? I hear he has lots of experience with that sort of thing.

Reactions: FlyingDebris

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If our turret is such a problem, then why not just ask Zoro to defaction our homebase and remove it for you? I hear he has lots of experience with that sort of thing.
    Pointless comment that seems a bit flame-baity.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I wasn't saying that it's a problem. I just didn't know that the EE range config allowed turrets to shoot from out of visual range (I couldn't see it on the nav) :P. It was actually pretty funny and I didn't mind.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I wasn't saying that it's a problem. I just didn't know that the EE range config allowed turrets to shoot from out of visual range (I couldn't see it on the nav) :p. It was actually pretty funny and I didn't mind.
    I didn't realize it either when I was making it, but it seems like as long as the weapon can reach the distance to the enemy, and both the enemy and the weapon are loaded in, it will fire. The fact that it hit was a little bit lucky in my weapon choice for it, at those ranges, any normal weapon really should miss unless you get super lucky, but because of it's large array of missile/beam's and you guys' failure to not equip the ships you brought to that specific battle with point defence arrays, it was able to hit very, very hard xD. It was also lucky that it chose the smallest ship of the bunch to attack (it would have wounded the other ones, but hitting the galacticus was really, really overkill) and it has now shown it's worth to at the very least me, and at the most, my faction. The future battles in sector will be preceded by battle out of sector. This will determine which contestant has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adopting compromising solutions.