An odd issue with pickup rails/points and multiple entities....

Reaction score
    Here is an issue I have been having that I hope someone here could assist with:

I have a primary ship and a smaller "loader" ship. When the loader ship docks to the primary it shoots docked torpedoes through open space into the primaries bay which get caught by the pickup point, get deposited on the pickup rail, and go along their way into storage.....

....or so it should work....

....what really happens is this:

(1) I manually dock the loader which opens the bay door automatically, and after an intentional 4 second pause, begins shooting the torpedoes to the main ship (or for testing purposes, only 1 torpedo, as it fails after one, lol)

(2) The torpedo launches perfectly, directly to the area it is supposed to, and promptly gets snatched by the pickup point and deposited on the pickup rail.

(3) Nothing happens. It does not move on the rail at all. Yes the rails are in the right direction, yes the rail docker is in the direction, yes the pickup rails are turned "on" and are appropriately speed controlled to full speed.

Here is what's REALLY odd:

(1) The torpedo will NOT undock. I have entered it and tried activating it's rail docker to no avail.

(2) Deleting the torpedos rail docker and warhead, leaving only the core, still does not allow the core to move. It is still magically, and invisibly, stuck to that rail (which it refuses to travel upon).

(3) If I use the "create docking" feature on the loader, AFTER it has docked to the primary ship, the newly created entity shoots right off...lands perfectly...and travels right down the very same rails that had not functioned previously. If I do so before hand, then dock it, the problem persists.

wtf?!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    For the first #2 make sure to turn off pickup points while launching docked things along the same rail used to pick them up or if the pickup path is close enough to the launch path to grab the entity.

Reaction score
    For the first #2 make sure to turn off pickup points while launching docked things along the same rail used to pick them up or if the pickup path is close enough to the launch path to grab the entity.
    The "launcher ship" has no pickup points on it at all. There is only one attached the the pickup rail on the primary ship, which does it's job perfectly...it grabs the little torpedo and places it directly on the pickup rail it is next to. But then...it just sits there...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    (1) The torpedo will NOT undock. I have entered it and tried activating it's rail docker to no avail.

(2) Deleting the torpedos rail docker and warhead, leaving only the core, still does not allow the core to move. It is still magically, and invisibly, stuck to that rail (which it refuses to travel upon).
    This would have solved the problem with undocked power injectors! :eek:

Reaction score
    This would have solved the problem with undocked power injectors! :eek:
    In fact....yes it would, lol. The game still considers it docked, which can be verified by flipping docked on and off in the nav panel, yet it is completely immobilized!

Reaction score
    i've had this happen with faction permissions as stated above, but also the rail docker orientation/positioning.
    Try adding more green rails around the catching rail or better yet observe the whole process in build mode, you may have crossing over green rails

Reaction score
    i've had this happen with faction permissions as stated above, but also the rail docker orientation/positioning.
    Try adding more green rails around the catching rail or better yet observe the whole process in build mode, you may have crossing over green rails
    I apologize for the late response. You and Demon are both correct. I found the issue to be faction permissions easily cured by an adjacent public permission block. I assume then, that the bug revolves around pickup points attaching non factioned, or foreign factioned, entities to natively factioned entities rails.

Reaction score
    Yes, pickup points have no allegiance now I remember. I wonder if you could use that to steal undocked ships.