Amant Shipyard

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    In this thread I'm going to display all the new ships that I build along with download links. Please post your opinions of these ships and any complaints you may have about them, bear in mind that they are built around looks with function coming a close second and practicality somewhere far behind running to catch up.

The Cecidissent (The Fallen One) Battle-cruiser
    Mass: 65539.2 (Blocks: 631,705)
    Length: 437m, Height: 169m, Width: 93m
    Power: 217,845,266.8 (2,637,899.5 e/sec)
    Thrust: 64,052.2 (TWR: 0.977)
    Shields: 6,665,771.0 (103,020.0 s/sec)

She's not the biggest ship around and her shields are relatively low for her size but she sure has style. Her main weaponry consists of a 4,000,000 damage missile volley and a 36,000 DPS cannon array, in the event that she should find herself overwhelmed by multiple smaller craft she drain her entire energy reserve in order to fire off a massive volley of heat seeking missiles designed to clear the area of all ships (allies, fighters and all but 2 of your own turrets included).
    Backing up her primary weapons are 6 point defense turrets, 3 anti fighter turrets and a pair of large defense turrets, as well as 8 small fighters of her own stored in the hanger deck. She also features a small shuttle for activities such as scouting and gate checking. She is of course fitted with a jump drive.
    Tonitura (Thunder) Support Frigate
    Mass: 8317.0 (Blocks: 82,556)
    Length: 147m, Height: 48m, Width: 57m
    Power: 55,552,962.0 (1,007,588.9 e/sec)
    Thrust: 3,846.4 (TWR: 0.462)
    Shields: 88,434.0 (1,314.0 s/sec)

On first glance its just a big gun in space, a big, slow, poorly defended gun in space; and that's because it is. Its horribly shielded and even more horribly propelled but don't worry because that's ok. This thing is a can opener at a relatively low price (55,000,000 approx) and for that you get a 5,300,000 damage artillery piece. Its not designed for front line combat but rather as a fire-support ship and that's where it excels. One volley from just a few of these things can reduce a far more expensive ship to so much rubble (For instance it would only take 2 of these to destroy the battle-cruiser above for about 2/7ths of the price). Additionally it avoids being completely helpless by mounting 2 turrets on its aft section to defend from stray fighters or drones. It also features a fancy logic based targeting laser though unfortunately it lacks its own jump drive.
    Tempestate Trahitis (Storm Tug) Jump Transport
    Mass: 13739.2 (Blocks: 137,394)
    Length: 196m, Height: 60m, Width: 107m
    Power: 13,094,931.4 (1,043,223.9 e/sec)
    Thrust: 46,795.1 (TWR: 3.405)
    Shields: 658,805.0 (53,339.0 s/sec)

Firstly I'm going to admit that I was a lot less creative with this design than with my previous two ships. When I started building it the main hull was way too small for its purpose but I decided to go with it, incorporating a dual hull, and tapering the overall shape. That being said I believe it turned out ok. It has pretty decent shields for a transport ship though the complete lack of weapons does leave it fairly helpless on its own; Fortunately its intended payload of 2 Tonitrua fire support frigates ,for which it serves as a jump capable transport greatly increasing their mobility, mean its the last thing your enemy is going to be worrying about. It is also very capable of outrunning anything that might chase it given its 3.4 TWR (High in order to account for the weight of its cargo), a fast charging jump drive means it can leave the battle field quickly. If your local race track happens to accept 14,000 ton entrants then this is the ship for you.​

After catching up on the drone R&D thread I decided to try and incorporate some of its lessons into my ship design and start a new line of ships:

Armata
    I built this ship using as many interesting ideas as I could fit on such a small platform, it utilizes several non standard weapons:
    • A pair of logic launched drones
    • An auto firing vertical launch missile system
    • A single shot Skoome cannon (also takes other small projectiles)
    Dimensions: Length 16, Height 17, Width 45
    Power: 371,892 (91,574 e/sec)
    TWR: 1-1
    Shield: 36,932 (2546 s/sec)

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Unique I can't wait to see what else you build.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I absolutely love the Fallen. The level of detail is good, and the use of color/crystals is excellent. The space gun isn't bad either. Props.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Being myself I took RoosterTherRed's comment to mean that I should increase the level of detail on the Tonitrua. I also took the opportunity to find all the wasted space (non exterior hull) and replace it with power storage and thrusters, the result is a slightly higher energy capacity and a 33% increase in thrust making it slightly better than it was before.

My next project is going to be Tempestate Trahitis (Storm Tug) and its essentially going to be a specialized jump ship to carry a pair of otherwise sluggish Tonitrua artillery ships.

Reaction score
    I swear, 90% of the stuff on this section make my designs look like crap. I had like 1 good design, and now I cant come up with squat.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    (Shameless self bump)
    Finished up the Tempestate Trahitis (I may do some additional polishing later) and I'm going to build an 'Infernus Tormento' whenever I feel like building again.

Reaction score
    That thing looks like it could act as a station. Kinda like a staging point/ship repair dock. I love your detail work. Puts mine to shame for sure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    HOLY SH*T! THAT SPACE GUN LOOKS FREAKING COOL!!! :O

i'm going to borrow that :)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I tend to build in bursts. I have really long periods when I'm not inspired to build at all and then I'll randomly hear a piece of music that makes me want to build something epic fairly quickly (The current 3 ships took a week in total) The next thing I want to build is a hell/hades cannon but I'm not inspired to built atm.
    TLDR: PM me epic music.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the turrents of that battlecruiser aren't connected to the main ship core can you fix this or how can i fix this,
    but the rest of the ship is awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1414660379,1414658661][/DOUBLEPOST]
    the turrents of that battlecruiser aren't connected to the main ship core can you fix this or how can i fix this,
    but the rest of the ship is awesome
    I fixed it