am i blind or?.....Is the under fire shield recharge gone?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Shield capacity per block decreases with block count.
    At high block counts that can result in millions of additional shield cap just by splitting them into separate entities.
    Wait what :?
    So you want to split your shields then :?

Couldn't you just have the main ship have no shields but lots of recharge beams to the outer hull which is a sepertae entity which has a lot of shield blocks but only a couple of rechargers :??

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait what :?
    So you want to split your shields then :?

Couldn't you just have the main ship have no shields but lots of recharge beams to the outer hull which is a sepertae entity which has a lot of shield blocks but only a couple of rechargers :??
    ... If you wanted to.

[edit]
    Just to clarify I mean shield block count, not total ship block count.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Question is would it be effective XD ill have a go at it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444790422,1444788803][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well at the moment the dock shield transfers if it is in operation it to is suffering the under fire penalty. I have tested this bit. While the main ship is under fire and the shield transfer module is transferring shields both it and the main ship is considered under fire for both of their shield regen rates.
    Couldn't you just have the shield entity use shield drain beams on the moduals instead :?
    Then it won't be under fire

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Question is would it be effective XD ill have a go at it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444790422,1444788803][/DOUBLEPOST]

Couldn't you just have the shield entity use shield drain beams on the moduals instead :?
    Then it won't be under fire

still counts as under fire

also shield maths from wiki? still dont sure about more cap = less shield per block

Shield Rules
    LEGEND
    C
    Shield Capacity
    NC Number of Shield Capacitators
    NR Number of Shield-Rechargers
    R Shield Regeneration per Second
    S Current amount of shields
    P Power Usage
    The exact capacity, regeneration, and power consumption of a shield system can be calculated by using a few different formulas. Any decimal results produced by these formulas should be rounded down to the nearest whole number.

The shield capacity, C, of a ship with NC number of Shield Capacitators, can be found by the formula:
    C = NC0.9791797578 * 110 + 220.

To determine number of Shield Capacitators required for a specific shield capacity the equation is:
    ' NC = 0.00822624 (-220+C)1.021262941798121

The shield regeneration per second, R, of a ship with NR number of Shield-Rechargers, can be found by the formula:
    R = NR * 5.5

Upon taking a hit, the shield regeneration per second drops to
    R = NR * 5.5 * (1 + S / C) / 20
    for 1mn where S is the current amount of remaining shields (effectively reducing the shield regeneration by 90 to 95% depending if your ship's shields are nearly or depleted)

The power usage per second, P, for a given number of Shield-Rechargers changes depending on whether or not the ship's shields are fully charged.

If the shields are fully charged:
    P = R

If the shields are not fully charged:
    P = 10 * R

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wait what :???????
    That doesn't make sense..... nothing is hitting the entity... the entity is just draing sheilds

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It it drains shields it puts the entity into combat recharge, whether it is a supply beam, a enemy weapon, or shared damage the docking chain.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So if one of your turrets is struck, it and the main ship both go into 'under fire' mode.
    I guess the only reason to put shield chargers/capacitors on your turrets is to optimize the grouping effects, then?

Reaction score
    So if one of your turrets is struck, it and the main ship both go into 'under fire' mode.
    I guess the only reason to put shield chargers/capacitors on your turrets is to optimize the grouping effects, then?
    Remember that your turrets lose all protection when the mothership shields reach 50%. This would be a reason to give them their own shields. Personally...I don't. =)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've noticed some funny behavior with shields last night.

I was doing some target practice on some Isanth Zeros last night. I was testing a cloaker designed to fire two missiles before recloaking. If the Isanths were at full shields the first missile would hit, knock the shields out and deal some damage to the ship, then the second missile would hit and deal quite a bit more damage. If the shields were already recharging the first missiles would hit, take the shields down to .1% and barely scratch the hull, then the second missile would hit the shields as well also dealing very little damage. I was also having the problem when I was testing out some pulse missiles the other day. If the shields are regenerating they seem to be stronger than if they are at 100% as if they are taking the hit then regenerating before the missiles damage has time to propagate to the hull.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I've noticed some funny behavior with shields last night.

I was doing some target practice on some Isanth Zeros last night. I was testing a cloaker designed to fire two missiles before recloaking. If the Isanths were at full shields the first missile would hit, knock the shields out and deal some damage to the ship, then the second missile would hit and deal quite a bit more damage. If the shields were already recharging the first missiles would hit, take the shields down to .1% and barely scratch the hull, then the second missile would hit the shields as well also dealing very little damage. I was also having the problem when I was testing out some pulse missiles the other day. If the shields are regenerating they seem to be stronger than if they are at 100% as if they are taking the hit then regenerating before the missiles damage has time to propagate to the hull.
    I noticed that my missiles often do very little damage against blocks, even if the shields are down. Like a 500k damage missile only destroying 9 std armor blocks (flat surface). Weirdly enough the HP pool takes the appropriate amount of damage. Duno, might be related to what you've been getting.