Allow the player to step up a single block without jumping

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When I'm trying to walk around on a planet I really don't do a whole lot of walking. It's more jumping than anything else really. I think that if you could just step up the height of a single block it would eliminate most of that jumping and make walking seem much more organic. I can't help but wonder if something like this would work when I'm jumping all over those planets.

Reaction score
    that could actually be a good idea for an accessory dave can wear. something like anti grav boots or maybe a function of the buildable armour suits everyone has been wanting.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    +1

I'm tired of jumping to get anywhere on planets

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I always hated playing a bouncy ball in Minecraft. I'd really like to see wedges as part of terrain.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    While using wedged terrain pieces (do those even exist right now?) sounds great it would probably be pretty complicated to implement that. They would have to add some code to the terrain generation that figures out which way the wedge should be facing. Right now with blocks that's not an issue so I doubt they have any code in place for that. I'm saying keep the terrain the way it is, but just make it so that I can walk up the gentle slopes. They could even do wedges later as well if they wanted.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    While using wedged terrain pieces (do those even exist right now?) sounds great it would probably be pretty complicated to implement that. They would have to add some code to the terrain generation that figures out which way the wedge should be facing.
    That's easy, even I could write the code.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think wedges to generate on 1 block height increases might look ok at times, but it'd look really weird on many natural structures. We'd need tetras and pentas to generate as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How about half blocks?[DOUBLEPOST=1412806760,1412806714][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and fences to keep the zombies off my Yhole garden.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It does not have to be that complicated. Just change the player movement so that we can walk up 1 block. You don't have to change anything about the planets if you do that. It's that simple.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It does not have to be that complicated. Just change the player movement so that we can walk up 1 block. You don't have to change anything about the planets if you do that. It's that simple.
    But then you'd constantly be walking up railings and stuff by accident.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    But then you'd constantly be walking up railings and stuff by accident.
    Exactly.

Keep it simple would mean adding 1 new block.... The half block. It's all over Minecraft, what is so hard about the half block? It would solve 1000 problems other than this too.

Reaction score
    half slab is essentially the same thing as a wedge just a diff half of the block.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Exactly.

Keep it simple would mean adding 1 new block.... The half block. It's all over Minecraft, what is so hard about the half block? It would solve 1000 problems other than this too.
    Hm, double the number of terrain blocks... not a bad idea, as an alternative to quintupling the number by adding wedges, corners, pentas, and tetras.

Reaction score
    I suppose no one thought of using a ship core to travel on planets... much easier, faster and no code changed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I suppose no one thought of using a ship core to travel on planets... much easier, faster and no code changed.
    Have you ever tried navigating a cave in a core with collision damage enabled? Don't do it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Maybe have the player able to walk up 1 block, but only for planetary terrain. Thus preventing people from accidentally walking on railings and such. It could be a state similar to the one they used to tell blocks that they're on a damaged station. It would be a state that tells a block that it's part of the ground, and that state would be lost as soon as the block is harvested. There's an answer we just have to talk it out until we find it.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The collision boxes of terrain blocks could be lowered to 0.99 m. Then the threshold for stepping up blocks could be set at 0.99 m as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Ooh I like this...Have special boots like OrdaNoel said, and you can turn them on and off with a keyboard button like FunnyBunny said. I can picture something like that working. That way if you don't like it just don't put the boots on.

Reactions: FunnyBunny14