Allow core beam on docked entities

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Currently the core beam (which still works for logic activation) does not appear to work when an entity is docked to another one. As far as I know there is no reason why the core beam should/could not work on docked entities and personally I can imagine a few useful applications for such a feature.

Reactions: NuclearFun

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Although a core beam that can be used anytime would be nice, I think an entirely new "Logic Beam" module and/or computer would be much more flexible and would allow even greater logic builds which use inter-entity logic.

Reactions: AtraUnam

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You should name the uses, I personally aren't familiar with any.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would love to see this feature again.
    I used to have rail docks that had buttons controlling the rails in front of the ship,
    and a perfect entrance that could only be entered through that same rail.

I don't see why this feature was removed even.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I my self had 2 problems stuck in my head where i would need such a logic beam block mentioned by Endal:
    1. Setting Containers which should be automatically filled to receiving items - without connecting each of them to the ship somehow via remote blocks

2. Undock your ship in a hangar by - again - without connecting each of them to the ship

In both cases this would remove the need to interconnect things but still have the possibilty to interact with them with more channels then the docked/undocked -channel - espacially for interchangeable things like containers/drones/escapepods ....

the option 2 would be possible for player guided ships in a dock - if the beam would again funktion on docked entities