Alien life in planets.. when?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I want to see alien life forms on planets, or the new avatar, or the new animations... im waiting for 3 months ago and counting... npc´s on planets! please!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you are desperate to try out the new stuff you can always download the latest prebuild . Aside from the one which broke blueprint saving they are pretty stable nowadays. The more people we have using them and reporting bugs the faster this stuff will go forward.

mou

Reaction score
    thats the correct answer for now

we are still running a 4 months old stable release, people are getting bored

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    we are still running a 4 months old stable release, people are getting bored

Afaik the last stable is from 14th Jan, not November. http://files.star-made.org/build/

the pre-folder contains the currently latest. the version from 5th March feels broken but most are playable.

Reaction score
    Uhm...I\'m not bored.

Do you even know how hard it is to develop a game? Dude I don\'t think anyone here could do this (well Schema can...but noone ELSE).

As you might know this is still not a released game so be happy with what you currently get (for free!) and don\'t go like \"hey you have to do this and this\".

Reaction score
    To my knowledge, aliens won\'t be for another 2 major updates(First the current, second the new weapons, though aliens might come with it). New Avatar and animation is the upcoming update...I think that it might come out this month, but it depends on how quickly schema can fully fix it. Unless some companies, he fixes bugs before releasing something and if there is even 1 bug that is somehow important, he squashes it.

Reaction score
    To have life on planets, you first need planets. We only have tiny floating discs of materialized 5th century world view. (or 17th if you\'re chinese...)

Imagine when the poor xenos filth hobbles over the edge and falls off into space...

Sector 32.02.16

Planet # 03

Classification; Dead world

Explorator\'s note; \"One day, suddenly the very last lifeform fell of the edge. All life is gone from the surface.\"

Reaction score
    Classification; Dead world

Explorator\'s note; \"One day, suddenly the very last lifeform fell of the edge. All life is gone from the surface.\"

Xdddd

Pre-Build

starmade-build_20140306_144949.zip 06-Mar-2014 14:52 153M

Stable

starmade-build_20140114_182618.zip 14-Jan-2014 18:28 57M

It must be a good upgrade, occupies a look at what the other one there diferncia 96MB.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It must be a good upgrade, occupies a look at what the other one there diferncia 96MB.

LOL, do you know that the most Megabytes are taken from realistic, comic and HD textures? This is neccessary.

After that they are taken by a player-mesh file or similar. 2 files which cost 30 MBs and have propably very little effect on playing experience.

But I don\'t know how much meta-data some _maybe inefficient_ programs are putting into them.

Code doesn\'t take Megabytes. 1 Page of code is not more than 10 KB very often. It takes time instead.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    It currently does not have terrestrial life.

The dev builds should always be treated with caution and used after backing up your stable build\'s data.
    Although it is getting increasingly more stable, enough to play around with if you\'re curious.

A quick side note; games take a long time to develop. I think we loose sight of this in the age of open alphas or pre release access games. As Wedtm quite rightly put in a previous news article; can you remember a time when all we would get was a few screenshots in a magazine and a optimistic article regarding new developments over a period of 3 years?

Reaction score
    Is your username a reference to the C&C:generals Unit \"Jarmen Kell\"?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    True, but players only see the UI, not the good-performing code.

I am more tired to play from the knowledge that build features like in Space Engineers are not desired (limiting creativity?) and will likely never come than because the game not advances.

The trade system for example... We only need very few features, not code-heavy, mostly GUI - not a lot more complex than html.

Prices, balance - that would be done by comunity and greatly improve the game.

Currently you can give shops 1\'000\'000 credits, and some troll sells 10\'000 grey hull and your shop resigns trading what you want.

Unless you edit every single entry!

Few work (bulk edit with regex/wildcards for item name or category) and (pre-defined shops and spawn-sector-boxes, replace default shops) for much gain.