AI modes

Reaction score
    Hey Star-Made community and devs

So I thought about something about the current AI module, and felt like there was something missing.

Like some kind of path following AI module - so it can fx fly between a couple of planets, and in case it sees an enemy it put chase and destroy it if it can. When done return to the previus path?

Also "fleet" Ai module
    You can have a big FlagShip AI Module, where you can "link" up other smaller AI Modules to follow that FlagShip, so you can fly the FlagShip and the AI is following you, and you can then single handedly be leading an army.

Then there is also Farmer AI Module
    Make ships that go out looking for asteroids and fills the storage the SpaceShip is carrying up, up until a certain point where it will return to home, and unload everything, and then go out again.

Thoughts?

Regards and thanks for reading

Reaction score
    Waypoints and return logic would be good.

Also somekind of system so the AI ships sends help requests via ingame notice system (faction) so you see where they are and can jump to help out if needed. ( or go and repair )

Reaction score
    I believe AI modules are going to be phased out to make room for a more expanded NPC system. One of the things this will entail is support for coding individual AI scripts for each NPC so uses can have customized AI fleet members. I don't see why the option to share AI scripts between players won't be a thing, so the games AI will become much more versatile.

Reaction score
    Pacific_Jim
    Yeah that would be better, to have a clean and easy to use Scripting language for the AI - easy for basic stuff but if you want to have advanced fleets, then it is harder ofc. :p both designing AI Tactics to be used on your own ships and so on, save AI scripts to the pirate / trade station ships