AI in game coding

Reaction score
    what if you could in game coad what the AI module should do with the ship at times

a simpel drag and drop coding system like:

[Turn_Left 200_degreas.]

[Forward 10_meters 5_speed]

[Weapon_1 Shoot.Enemy]

[if Take_Dmg]

[Then]

[Shoot.Enemy]

[Doc_Ship]

Exempel in text

:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    People can even late a week before knowing/learning how to put and use the current, 3 button-simple turrets.

A \"programming\" option is a bit overkill for many ppl, especially as you need perfect spelling (and syntax), in where not even your example would work, as it\'s wrong since line one, \"degreas\" (de-grease ? ) or last line \"Doc_Ship\" (doctor Ship ? ).

There could be a simplistic version of it, with mainly buttons instead of having to type stuff, buttons that you can know what they do by just reading the button\'s name.

But it\'s better if the AI just get their own \"intelligence\" and come back to their slot when ordered. Less complications and support needed for people.

There are already some other threads with this topic though, you could use \"Search\" before posting.

Reaction score
    do you know what drag and drop coading is ??? you dont nead to type at all

i thought abaout text coding (am a coder) but drag and drop is mutch simpler

and my spelling is not the best im from sweden for fucks sake

Doc=docing

degrease

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I don\'t see why we can\'t have both this and a simpler alternative for non-coders. Also, there is already a topic for this, so could you please be a bit more thurrow in your search for similar topics in the future?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    docing=docking*

degrease=degrees

\"am a coder\", yeah, in some language, I guess.

Reaction score
    You know, if you create a game engine, you may have docking as docing in the code, or degrees as degrease.

No coding language forces you to have proper spelling for anything exept for its base functions, so he could be a coder in Java or C# or C++ or Phyton or whatever other coding language you can think of, even tough his spelling isnt 100% correct.

Reaction score
    just consistently.

That being said, the OP is hopefully capable of cleaning up this suggestion a bit, no? As it is, it\'s almost unreadable.

Some kind of very simple scripting language with straightforward syntax rules wouldn\'t be a bad idea. For non-coders, there could either be a)built in \"stock\" programs available to everyone or b)some way to save and distribute code amongst players.

Reaction score
    I do like this idea. We should have a separate AI module that could be programed, Scratch-style!

Reaction score
    +1 for the drag and drop thing, with some kind of code \"containers\" that have preset code, but are displayed in a simplified way.

Could even play a bit with limits, like having a basic AI block and an advanced one, basic one having room for 3 \"container\" long behaviors, and the advanced one for 6.

It would definitely add loads of options to the game.