Read by Council Agriculture in starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The Food Replicator is a great idea! But very different implementation in mind: (something similar to Monster Hunter's food Buff system)

The Food Replicator uses Recipe' Blueprints that the player has to "discover" by scanning different types of Fauna and then sampling it (like discovering ingredient affects in Skyrim by eating them). These will allow you to experiment with different combinations to give different Buffs. The strength of the buff is determined by the quality of the ingredients (which is where farming comes in).

The food replicator should also have a slot to insert a blue print that will give an entity wide (ship/planet face/station) buff to NPC's as long as ingredients are available (slowly consumed over time via attached storage). This will allow the player to pick a separate buff for themselves at the replicator.

Farming (to use IC3 a minecraft mod as a template) should allow you to grind down the plants and extract seeds then Splice the seeds to make a crossbreed which (by a small chance) could strengthen the potency of the plant. This could also be turned into animal feed to give farm animals buffs that carry on after they've been "harvested."

Wow didn't realize how old this topic was but got here through the suggestions mega thread.

Last edited:

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Heres my two cents on this

Food should be usable to sell
    As a sustainable resouce that you can grow wether it be living or a plant so that we have a steady way for income

And make it edible for players for ether roleplaying or buffs but only allow one buff at a time to prevent missuse and over eating should make a player sick thus causing a massive debuff

Water should also be sold for a high price on desert worlds (if its not obvious why it would sell for a high price im going to smack you with this hard cover book) making it a easy source of income

For living animals air in a ship to transport them would obviously be a necessity to keep them alive other wise the would die of suffacation but the inconvenience would be well worth the payroll.

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    People HATE the hunger system in Minecraft, and rightly so, because of how poorly executed it was. Like a horrific abomination of a stamina and mana bar, poorly stitched together by a mad-antivaxxer, in the dumpster behind a PETA shelter.

Bulleted list of why it sucked.
    • Food was scarce early in the game but in incredible excess in later.
    • The hunger bar lasted about ten minutes at most, forcing you to constantly eat just to play the game.
    • Doing pretty much ANYTHING drained your hunger bar, especially running and jumping, which burned it like alcohol.
    • Health Regen was tied to it for some freaking reason, and you were unable to heal unless it was practically full.
    • Further more, HEALTH REGENERATING ALSO DRAINED THE ****ING BAR.
    • Sprinting itself was ALSO tied to the bar, forcing you to an incredibly slow walking pace when you were near starvation.

I believe a food and hunger system would be an excellent addition if done right ( Keyword IF ). I'll admit I'm no good at balancing this sort of stuff, but here's a few pointers I think will put it in the right direction.
    • Food acquisition should either remain consistent, or start off at sustaining levels and increase consistently throughout the game.
    • Agriculture should be available both on and off planets (possibly with benefits if the former).
    • You should only have to eat once every 30 minutes at the absolute minium, but ideally once every 45 or hour.
    • If/when we get running/sprinting, it should have its own stamina/energy bar (if it must). And still have zero ties to hunger.
    • Additionally, Health should also have exactly ZERO ties to hunger.
    Or you know, agriculture and eating could just be an optional/extra thing for Role Players and Buffs.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm all for an agriculture system for npcs, but I think it should work closer to an rts style mechanic which just adds to an entities pool. Then you create supply lines to those places.

War partially becomes a strategic choice about going after food or military targets.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I'm all for an agriculture system for npcs, but I think it should work closer to an rts style mechanic which just adds to an entities pool. Then you create supply lines to those places.

War partially becomes a strategic choice about going after food or military targets.
    awesome idea bud! would love to see supply lines added sometime

Reaction score

This. Set up automatic farms. Arrange some NPC controlled delivery runs. Make sure your ship has a galley and enough storage. Never have to worry about it beyond that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    People HATE the hunger system in Minecraft,
    <snip>
    I believe a food and hunger system would be an excellent addition if done right
    <snip>
    Or you know, agriculture and eating could just be an optional/extra thing for Role Players and Buffs.
    It has been stated specifically that there will be no hunger system. You can not, will not, starve.
    IF food is implemented, it will function as a buff system.
    I forget which video, but this is straight from Schema.