Advanced Building mode bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I load a saved ship that had used the building block, it gives me a ship with a lot of missing blocks. I've noticed that this does not occur with blocks which were placed one by one, this only happens with the blocks placed by using the Advanced Building mode.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you need an example, I saved a ship named Charger on Beetlebear's server. Look at the interior, it was supposed to be completely full. Also, some of the weapons in the front are missing too, but this time I managed to see the weapons purple highlights by selecting either the core or the weapon controller.
    -MP

Reaction score
    That must of been what happened to my big ship!
    I used advanced build mode to finish a hue chunk of the hull but when i load up the save those specific areas don't load. I thought it was some other bug considering the size of it but this makes more sense.

Also the X,Y,Z lengths there arn't seperate from the screen.
    Like lets say I'm looking at a ship in advanced build mode. the ship is taking up the whole screen so i can use ctrl to place a block anywhere on scrren. If i change the X,Y,Z values it'll place a block were i click the arrows to change the values.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your ship is that huge one with lots of missiles, right? Btw, cool ship.
    Back to the bug: I've also noticed that one block from each line/box in advanced build remains there while the others dissapear. And I'm pretty sure it is the one that we're aiming at when we place the line/box, the 'first' block of the line/box.
    -MP

Reaction score
    That makes sense considering if you try deleting a block while in advance build mode it only does it one block at a time at the point your cursor is at.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Strangely, the same bug happened to me once. Then I saved my ship a second time and it worked fine. Go figure ...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, thanks for the reports!

I found a nasty bug, that did not connect the blocks right in advanced mode, and to top it of, sent a wrong building block code to the server, causing it to save the blocks wrong.
    I just released a quick fix for this, and hopefully it works now

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    when i enter advanced build mode, and try to place a directional block, all the textures die. i9 end up only seeing the outline of where i will put the block, and the purple of the blocks connected to the selected block. before the second to last update, it would go back to normal after i went to a normal block, or went back to normal build mode. but with things as they are, the textures dont come back, and i end up flying around the universe blind.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i am glad my bug aint that bad. mine is only with blocks that can be rotated. it makes it hard to build my 1k/1k/2k monster when i have to stick with non rotating blocks to place in lard amounts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Haven\'t re-tried on different settings but with this specs:

800x600
    Not Full Screen

Placed a custom block, ID Icon points to no image,
    Upon entering advanced build mode, rotating the custom block unrendered every block ever. Including the shop.

Might just be because it\'s a custom block. Either way I was told to share here o:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve found that, when in advanced build mode, placing large amounts of blocks that will extend the bounding box will get the blocks cropped. So say you\'ve got a ship that is 100 blocks long, and you place a 10 block long string of blocks in advanced build 3 away from the edge - only 3 or so blocks will place, and the other 7 won\'t show up while the bounding box redraws.

It\'s a pain when you\'re trying to count 10\'s of blocks and one (or more) of those groups gets cropped short.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    had the same issue when i was working on the framing for my 500/500/1k ship. i thought it was just my system lagging. but i guess i am not the only one having the issue, making it a bigger issues then i thought.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Any time I go into Advanced Building mode all my blocks turn invisible until I exit StarMade and reopen it again. Quite frustrating.

Reaction score
    I found that the yellow selection box in advanced build mode just stopped working, i attempted a complete re-install with no change it is very bizare and makes it impossible to build on the large scale as i no longer see where i am placing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have reposted my aditions to this topic in another thread, and would like any who have this ploblem to join me there in making it an active topic, so as schema sees that it is an issue

join me at: http://star-made.org/content/advanced-build-mode-blinding