Advanced Build Mode Issues

Reaction score
    Hello!

I am having a rather annoying issue. I was streaming Starmade tonight and I could not use the hotkey for advanced build mode. When I used it, I got an error popup (Screenshot). It freezes my game, but if I hit retry the game is usable again (without advanced build mode active). I changed the hotkey from Lcontrol to E to no avail, and restarted my client. I am still having the issue. I am running Windowed borderless, and am not sure what other information you may need.

Thanks for reading. I will be livestreaming this again tomorrow at 8pm Eastern (Twitch: www.twitch.tv/levfleetwood) if you want to see it replicated in-person, otherwise I will check this tomorrow as well.

Much Appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    please search for the logs folder inside your starmade install
    there should be a file named "logstarmade.0.log" in there after one of those events happening (end the game then)
    If possible produce a nice new short one. just enter the game crash it and exit again.
    drag and drop that file into an answer here (you might have to zip it first)

Reaction score
    Umm.... This is embarrassing, but I cannot replicate it. It is working now. Maybe the full computer reboot fixed it?

Anyways, if it happens again I will know how to find the log now <3 thanks, and I will let you know if it happens again!

Also, I put AndyP under "tags" on the post, I didn't know how to tag on the forums. Sorry!