Advance build mode making all blocks invisible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I enter advanced build mode to rotate blocks (which is a pain!) all blocks turn invisible (which happens all the time whatsoever.) but once I leave the advanced build mode, the blocks don't regain their textures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have the same issue, whenever i use advanced building mode, even if its just a tap on the button everything goes permanently invisible until i restart the game, is there a fix for it or anything?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    maybe its a problem with the \"single\" block which is displayed to turn blocks.

Please try to reproduce the error with a block which is not turnable like the power block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve had the same issue. It does only occur with turn-able blocks as far as I can tell, as I\'ve had no problems with hulls and powerblocks, etc. The larger the ship, the more of a problem it becomes, which I suspect has something to do with the game trying to rerender all those blocks after I stop holding control. With smaller ships, it seems to take a while and eventually show up again, but with any decent-sized ship I have to restart.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    ok, it seems like there is an error with a buffer causing an over or underflow

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    my game has been doing this since the beginning, it hasn\'t been a big problem (in that i simply don\'t use it, otherwise it is a problem) but now i\'m working on a bigger ship that i really don\'t want to count blocks out for (in terms of symmetry of blocks over 50 blocks away) and if i could get it working it would really help me out.

note: my computer usually gets around 12fps but when i press lctrl it goes down to around 3

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    oui je n\'arrive pas non plus c\'est un bug faut attendre la prochain mis a jour

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As of update 0.09381, I can still replicate the error, but have no way of knowing the root cause. It may simply be a result of older hardware such as my own, and there may be no fix.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have had the problem since the last two updates. Before, blocks would become invisible only while in Advanced Build Mode. Now, after updating the game and my Intel Driver, they become permanantly invisible. I tried rolling back my driver, so it may be the update. I tried playing with MaxBeams and other options a little; no fix.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I sent 2 e-mails to Schema. I hope he knows and can help. I\'m sure it has something to do with my computer and what it is missing. I wish there was a systems test to tell whether you can play the game to the fullest or not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been bothered by this for a good while now. I hope to see some kind of resolution to the issue. Till then, I will be blocking it out in hardmode. ;D

Thanks for all the hard work, Schema.

Reaction score
    You have latest version, and you toggled block preview in options?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the update has fixed it half for me. i can use any block in advanced build mode, it even runs better than before, but if i try to use a wedge, everything goes invisible. what could be wrong?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I cannot use any blocks in advanced build mode, from hull to wedges to salvage beams (the thing I am actually trying to place). Recent update still has not fixed. Working on a ship around 10,000 blocks big (not exactly huge compared to some i\'ve seen, but being near it still gives me a huge fps drop). Help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    fixed - at least for me - in the latest dev build ( 20130904_194523 )

Set the value of \"G_DRAW_ADV_BUILDMODE_BLOCK_PREVIEW\" in the settings to \"false\" and enjoy!