Read by Council Admin Load Turrets on Turret Docker units in creative

Reaction score
    Some of us have made huge ships with many turrets in creative mode. But how much of us like to then admin load a turret into empty space, maneuver our huge ship to get the turret in the right place, then move over to the turret, and then finally dock the turret to the turret docking axis?

Not very many of us, I am betting.

What I propose is a possibly stupid simple solution, when in "Create Docking" mode give us the option to load a design from the catalog after selecting the desired docking unit.

If something like this is already possible, perhaps with shipyards, but it looks like there's a maximum size of 50 for them which makes arming any decently sized capital ship impossible.

Otherwise we'll just have to perform a boringly repetitive task in a game, NOT fun! If I wanted that I'd clean toilets with a toothbrush.

Please make this happen.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If I am understanding correctly, you are asking for an automatic pop-up or something similar when placing a turret dock, to load a turret from the blueprint list directly onto the turret dock for immediate placement. I love that idea! The game needs a mechanic to cycle through all available docking points on the turret if it has more than one free rail docker. (In case someone builds a turret with multiple docking points for multiple orientations/layouts.)

Edit: The list of available turrets should be filtered by permission, of course. You should not have the option of placing a turret blueprint that you don't actually have access to. That would just lead to frustration. (E.g. "I selected Player X's private turrets for all 150 of my turret docking points, but they never showed up when I built the ship! This game sux!")

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Would be nice to have a hologram of the turret appear on the dock as well.

Reaction score
    This idea makes a lot of sense. It can be a real pain to dock lots of turrets.

Reaction score
    If I am understanding correctly, you are asking for an automatic pop-up or something similar when placing a turret dock, to load a turret from the blueprint list directly onto the turret dock for immediate placement. I love that idea!
    Exactly! You understand perfectly good sir or madam.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've definitely heard suggestions for this kind of feature before but a quick search turned up nothing. I would like to see a method of spawning turrets or maybe other saved components either using creative mode or build mode while in a shipyard.

Reaction score
    Hmm, thought there would be more interest in this, or that it could perhaps be a (simple?) fix to implement, or is there already to do this and I just don't know it?

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    like make docking -> "from blueprint" -> list of filled bp in inventory -> scroll through available docks, orientation by rail. me likey

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can see this especially being useful for AMS turrets in particular for their sheer number, and almost every turret I can think of lacks the thrusters to move it any faster than 1 -10 ms. Being able to "Generate Turret from Blueprints" will also assist in docking some of the huge turrets I have without colliding them into the hull because rail dockers have such a short range on them :(

Not only turrets, but DRONES and WARHEADS RACKS can be regenerated without major tedium!