Additional display block formatting style (Text offset) and logic input

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Goal: Make it more convenient to create floating HUDs, labeled buttons, logic based "dynamic" terminals etc

Suggestion 1: In addition to the font size (for example f=2) and color (for example c=FF0000) options, give us a text offset option in the form of "o=<x>,<y>,<z>" (for example o=0,2,0). When this is included in the <style> tag, the display block text is rendered as if the display block was displaced as specified by the coordinates. For example, o=0,2,0 would render the text 2 blocks above the display block. This gives us more options (no longer limited to writing "out of frame" only to the right using a ton of spaces) and reduces necessary character count.

Suggestion 2: Allow us to connect logic to the display block (C on logic, V on the display block). You can then use [if input <text1> else <text2>] to display one of two messages depending on whether the input is TRUE or FALSE (a poor man's efficient binary display without using rails and stuff)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I very much like this idea. Right now the method of "floating" text is more of a bug than a feature.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree. I think the display blocks should be able to handle full CSS and that it should be able to display TrueType fonts of your choice at any scale, so you could have a single display block show one, big, giant letter. I'd also like to see display wedges, but I know that's tricky, because I think the "display" will only show in one orientation. On the other hand, I think full CSS can take care of text rotation as well, as needed.

The dev team has shown interest in increasing the usefulness of the display block repeatedly, whether it involves LUA scripting, merging an entire display group into one giant display, or simply adding more variables for display.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Schine needs to give displays an overhaul if they expect it to be useable by everyone for it's actual implementation is dependant on operating system/javaversion not every java is given access to the clipboard so copy/paste is not everywhere an option. Also you can not enter altcodes through the keyboard on macs. meaning if schine wants the displays to work as such they need to overhaul the display ui and feature the useable codes there, give it a monospace font that renders the same on every system and when at it they should also add support for hovering display text in a way that we can control way better where the display should be rendered. as mentioned in the OP koordinates also allowing negative values would help...