Add more possible faction ranks

Reaction score
    As it stands there are only a handful of faction ranks you can assign in-game. For many factions, including mine, there are significantly more faction ranks that cannot be added into the game. This makes the ranking for extremely complex forum factions too generalized. I think it would be great if we added at least a few more possible ranks to the list so we can have a better way to sort out who is what rank in a faction. This may help newer players as they could see a more complex faction ranking system that shows a clear line of progression.

Markonius

Head of Finance at OOB
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As it stands there are only a handful of faction ranks you can assign in-game. For many factions, including mine, there are significantly more faction ranks that cannot be added into the game. This makes the ranking for extremely complex forum factions too generalized. I think it would be great if we added at least a few more possible ranks to the list so we can have a better way to sort out who is what rank in a faction. This may help newer players as they could see a more complex faction ranking system that shows a clear line of progression.
    I totally agree with this. Perhaps an optional 'extra rank' function where you can add a tab for extra rank within ranks. This would mean that as many as you want could be added.

Reactions: spocklin

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    No.

That is more data a server has to store that is frankly, completely unnecessary.

Additionally, the only permissions you can grant per rank are:

Relationship
    Kick
    Invite
    Kick on friendly fire
    Claim system
    Homebase set/clear
    Description and news post
    Share fog of war

With so few permissions you can have per rank additional ranks are completely unnecessary because you will just end up with 4 ranks with the same permissions and a different name, this redundant data has to be stored in an already huge database.

We need to be DECREASING the amount of redundant data stored on a servers database, not INCREASE it.

Instead of making a "more complex ranking ranking system" that requires the developers to accommodate for your faction, redesign your ranking structure, we have 15 different ranks in our faction and we do completely fine with 5 ingame ranks because our ranking system is better designed.

The better solution to this is just to have a better ranking structure than increasing database size with redundant data.

Reaction score
    For a faction that has so many people already in it I disagree with most of the comments thus far. The game has been changed in such a way that it can handle so much now so worrying about database size should not be a problem. This post really goes out to my other forum faction friends out there.

Markonius

Head of Finance at OOB
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For a faction that has so many people already in it I disagree with most of the comments thus far. The game has been changed in such a way that it can handle so much now so worrying about database size should not be a problem. This post really goes out to my other forum faction friends out there.
    I think Ithirahad's suggestion is perfect for what you describe. No?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Why not allow factions inside factions? That should get you everything you need and have clear delineation of power and ownership.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why not allow factions inside factions? That should get you everything you need and have clear delineation of power and ownership.
    That'd work, but I would still like the option to add/remove ranks within a faction/rank tree.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    That'd work, but I would still like the option to add/remove ranks within a faction/rank tree.
    I suppose but thats a complete overhaul since the blocks have to agree with your ranks.