Add Deflection effect to Pulsers

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I was thinking that Pulsers have got to be one of the most useless weapons in the game atm. they have a stupidly small range, is very weak, their stats are based on the dimensions of the array rather than the number of blocks u have.

Then i hit upon the idea that if the pulsers had some kind of deflection aspect to them then we would see a real use from them.

For instance: when fired, the burst not only damages things in range but at the same time it can deflect projectiles like Cannon bolts and missiles. The damage stat for the array could determine if the projectile is deflected or it goes right through. This would be an ideal addition since there's no countermeasures for missiles yet in the game meaning that the only way to defend against a missile is to hope your shields can eat it up.

although i would love to see this be a default feature to pulsers if there needs to be some balance then i would suggest that it be tied to a weapon combo, be a unique feature to push pulsers, or have a very high energy demand. Also for additional balance beams will not be affected by pulsers since it would be awkward to deflect beams of light with a kinetic shock wave.

Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This could effectively be a bubble shield ^-^

A good idea, but I think it will need to be a weapon combo link. Otherwise, someone could make a rapid-fire pulsar and spam it for projectile protection.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    This could effectively be a bubble shield ^-^

A good idea, but I think it will need to be a weapon combo link. Otherwise, someone could make a rapid-fire pulsar and spam it for projectile protection.
    i said that the pulsars damage stat would affect the deflection ability. rapid fire pulses would only work on extremely weak projectiles while more powerful ones would go right though it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think it should subtract damage from cannon shots, so a pulse array with 10 deflection power that hits a 12 damage amc, a 2 damage projectile makes it through.

I think for missiles, if the array is strong enough, the missile detonates against the pulse and blocks the explosion from damaging anything inside the pulse, and if not, the entire missile manages to go through.

I think beams should have a pulsar piercing effect and ignore the pulse as a balancing feature to keep pulsar shields from being too powerful.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I think it should subtract damage from cannon shots, so a pulse array with 10 deflection power that hits a 12 damage amc, a 2 damage projectile makes it through.

I think for missiles, if the array is strong enough, the missile detonates against the pulse and blocks the explosion from damaging anything inside the pulse, and if not, the entire missile manages to go through.

I think beams should have a pulsar piercing effect and ignore the pulse as a balancing feature to keep pulsar shields from being too powerful.
    sounds reasonable. i had already said in my op that beams would be ignored entirely for balance reasons. on missiles i was thinking more along the lines of having them bounce off the pulse instead of detonating. this could be used as a tactic by more experienced pilots to send missiles back at their opponents

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i said that the pulsars damage stat would affect the deflection ability. rapid fire pulses would only work on extremely weak projectiles while more powerful ones would go right though it.
    Shows how much attention I pay :P