Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some guy was making shit fighters (by shit, I mean poop) and after discussion, we soon learnt of the massive flaw, that is what prevents him from making a literal shit storm.

There are no brown lights. This is a problem, as now he can't have brown swarm missiles from metaphorical shit-flinging arms, thus the prevention of a literal shit storm (This is just a big metaphor for Odium). So, as you can see, this is a huge disaster, and if our shit needs can't be fulfilled, then the world shall end.

TL;DR plz add in brown lights

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    Sounds great to me definitely need shit to be shot at people. What could we ever do without poop. :p

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not sure about brown lights, but I'd say some kind of material, system, or crystal should emit 'brown' light... although... isn't that just orange?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Flying turd is GO people, I repeat FLYING TURD IS GO!!!

We need this like a year ago. I want brown shitflingers of doom. Poop Nukes.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Why? We have lights for every other colour don't we?
    Yes. Any colour occupying a distinct slot in the colour spectrum gets a light. Brown lights (wat) when in game sit so close to orange in function i see little point to add them in. They would add nothing but the ability to have brown missiles at the price of two blocks and three texture slots. Unless Schema himself says otherwise, i have no intentions of making them.

Yours truly, the destroyer of all that is fun. Kupu. xoxox

Reaction score
    Yes. Any colour occupying a distinct slot in the colour spectrum gets a light. Brown lights (wat) when in game sit so close to orange in function i see little point to add them in. They would add nothing but the ability to have brown missiles at the price of two blocks and three texture slots. Unless Schema himself says otherwise, i have no intentions of making them.

Yours truly, the destroyer of all that is fun. Kupu. xoxox
    Out of curiosity, when you say that implementing a brown light would take up two blocks and three texture slots does that mean there is a programmed limit to the number of ids that can be assigned? There must be a way around this limitation if so, and whatever the means I would push for expanding those limitations because whenever a limit is set, it's only a matter of time until you reach it.

I may just be misunderstanding this, but it seems very unlikely that there would not be a way around this limit. I've been familiar with JAVA programming and fixing bugs with older games and code-bases. (Lineage 1 was the worst one) Most often this limit is due to a integer type limit, this may boost performance to limit it like this, but there are ways around these limits with minimal performance drawbacks if this is the case. I just wish I knew more about it to make better suggestions about the game. Is there a good place to get that type of information about Starmade?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Out of curiosity, when you say that implementing a brown light would take up two blocks and three texture slots does that mean there is a programmed limit to the number of ids that can be assigned? There must be a way around this limitation if so, and whatever the means I would push for expanding those limitations because whenever a limit is set, it's only a matter of time until you reach it.

I may just be misunderstanding this, but it seems very unlikely that there would not be a way around this limit. I've been familiar with JAVA programming and fixing bugs with older games and code-bases. (Lineage 1 was the worst one) Most often this limit is due to a integer type limit, this may boost performance to limit it like this, but there are ways around these limits with minimal performance drawbacks if this is the case. I just wish I knew more about it to make better suggestions about the game. Is there a good place to get that type of information about Starmade?
    There are 11 bits for the blockID in the blockData in an smd2 file. 2^11=2048
    Subtract 1 from that, because 0 stands for no block.

Reaction score
    There are 11 bits for the blockID in the blockData in an smd2 file. 2^11=2048
    Subtract 1 from that, because 0 stands for no block.
    Thanks that actually does help. Will be looking forward to getting the full API for modding, but I'm goofing around with stuff now. Still somewhat new to starmade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.