About faction points.

Reaction score
    I enjoy the concept of Faction home bases being fueled by activity, made easier by having a large roster of members. I enjoy this idea far more with the concept of that power being able to be stripped away by not only time and inactivity, but by the activities of your opponents.

It makes a form of sense that a player can have a place to log off without returning to a wreckage the next day, it also makes sense that the protection would fall off if they quit for a while, allowing new blood to move in and pillage the corpse of a once great fortification.

I enjoy the concept of Faction points, it reminds me of claims in Salem, but retooled for a space shooty game. Hopefully in the future we will be able to have more complex forms of protection(allowing people to sneak in and find ship registries, full of the locations of all your nearby ships, security personnel patrolling the halls of your military compounds to counter such actions etc.)

Remember the game has just gotten started yet, its not even on steam yet(if). It still has a way to go before it reaches maturity, and still has room to grow and change.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I don't mind that it becomes destructable WHEN members are online. Getting a base destroyed while no one is online just sucks...

To be honest, it should only be indestructible while no member is online. That I can agree with.

Reaction score
    I don't mind that it becomes destructable WHEN members are online. Getting a base destroyed while no one is online just sucks...

To be honest, it should only be indestructible while no member is online. That I can agree with.
    What about the ones that want to get some ground before standing on it? I haven't done anything with my faction because I need to finish home base first.

Oh wait, those factions don't matter because apparently only those factions that everyone knows or is on matter at all! It's not like some people cant find one that fits their tastes and so makes one for their taste! Oh wait, that is true and some people have some flippn' INDIVIDUALITY. Leave them invincible, don't stomp all over small factions. END. OF. STORY. FIN. THE END. Maybe I would not make all of these angry posts if you guys even stopped to think for one second about the fact not everyone is in the same position as you. Even if it's a minority, because that might be 49%

An I'm talking to all of you people. Not just keptic. I'm really getting ticked off.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What about the ones that want to get some ground before standing on it? I haven't done anything with my faction because I need to finish home base first.

Oh wait, those factions don't matter because apparently only those factions that everyone knows or is on matter at all! It's not like some people cant find one that fits their tastes and so makes one for their taste! Oh wait, that is true and some people have some flippn' INDIVIDUALITY. Leave them invincible, don't stomp all over small factions. END. OF. STORY. FIN. THE END. Maybe I would not make all of these angry posts if you guys even stopped to think for one second about the fact not everyone is in the same position as you. Even if it's a minority, because that might be 49%

An I'm talking to all of you people. Not just keptic. I'm really getting ticked off.
    Ooooh, right. Cause it's completely impossible to not make a base "homebased" and thus keep it hidden of the map from anyone. I also forgot that it's impossible to make bases in remote areas, while not homebased, and be completely unfindable. Making this a server config is also completely unthinkable!

Sorry, I'm too stupid to think of alternatives.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!

If you want individuality, go play singleplayer and be an invincible special snowflake there.

Let people who play on multiplayer servers get rewarded for being part of a team with the eventual faction point system. The small factions don't matter relatively compared to the big ones, because why should a small faction get all the benefits a large one will eventually get? This game isn't just about building, that's why we have weapons. I'm primarily a builder and even I know this. You're quick to criticize about people not thinking about another position, but you don't give a damn about any view besides the builder's.

Keptick is right, too. You've got options anyway. You just want to have your cake and eat it too. And anyway, why would you join a server that has PvP, then complain about it when someone exercises that?

Reaction score
    Couple of things...

First one, it seems like people forgot that docked ships will most likely count again your block total, probably to prevent someone using a small base like a titan craft parking lot. So while it complicates things, the correct question should be about your ships and base, not the base itself.

Second, I'm not going to agree with Keptick since it feels like a consensus that leaving what you intend to be your home planet open to attack is a poor idea amongst most people if or once you're found.

Also, I can understand wanting to setup your base before opening up your faction whiterhino, it may be a better idea to find a friend to help if you're having that much trouble assembling resources and getting your base together. I've kinda been trying to do the same thing myself and get on mushroom fleet but have been tied up this past week. Life sucks, asking for help from someone you trust doesn't.

I don't agree with the leaving bases as they are because it encourages finding anything not locked into your opponents base, typically when they are all offline, blast em and them gloat about how you trashed them. The proposed system discourages all of that. Yea it sucks that you can't build a massive base by yourself, but we all can't be Superman.