Ability to set custom cargo values

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Right now default config is that cargo can be customized in increments of 100 mass per cargo block.

I suggest there is a button in the storage/factory to set a custom value of cargo that would otherwise not be possible. Eg my factory has 200 cargo space but I set it to 150 since I want there to always be 150 mass worth of computers in my factory at all times. This would otherwise not be possible since you can have either 100 or 200. This becomes worse on mp since basically every server has increments that are 100x-200x bigger than default.

This is also especially useful when it comes to different multiplayer servers. All big servers, freaksrus, lvd, brierie have custom cargo values, meaning customizing factories cargo capacity is going to get completely changed and very annoying. By having a manual limit that would always be the same make moving to different servers less trouble. Limits wouldn't work if it exceeds the cargo capacity of the cargo block. Eg on lvd cargo is in increments of 10k mass, brierie its 20k mass. I can't have realistic limits on my factories to continuously produce many blocks, e.g computers, decorative items and items I use rarely.

Tldr: button in factories and storages to set custom cargo value that is not bound by the fixed increments of the capacity of cargo blocks.
    Lancake what do you think?

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I also don't want my factory to produce 50 computers but 1.

Addon:
    It would be nice if that could be set externally via a display block too.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ +
    ~ [Cannon Barrel 100] + [Cannon Barrel] => 100
    ~ [Cannon Computer 1] + [Cannon Computer] => 1
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ +
    We could setup lists of what to produce.​

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well said!
    While sitting on my comfy cement block, I would love to just push a button which will then produce the ammount of blocks listed and then use them to produce a ship. I don't know if that's already possible, but I certiantly have found the process a bit frustrating trying to streamline my factories.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am missing a way to fill a cargo with a specific amount of this block.
    There is pull, but it pulls constantly everything listed and not to only a cap.

I want to have X of specified material available and more on manual demand. Then the factory auto-adjusts itself to produce the demand

Perhaps this is a bit overpowered, but above suggestion will be a step closer toward this goal (regex-calculators)

Reaction score
    I am missing a way to fill a cargo with a specific amount of this block.
    There is pull, but it pulls constantly everything listed and not to only a cap.

I want to have X of specified material available and more on manual demand. Then the factory auto-adjusts itself to produce the demand

Perhaps this is a bit overpowered, but above suggestion will be a step closer toward this goal (regex-calculators)
    i suggested this some time ago Storage Pull with stored Block limmit

you can actually setup a factory (with many independet factories) to produce and repdoduce to a specific amount in % of storage capacity using the sensor blocks. (i set this up for myself already)
    then connect your shipyard to pull from all those factory storages and in revers let the factory storages pull from the shipyard (to get blocks from deconstruction back in the logistic system)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can feed teh factory only a limited amount.
    But it must be multiplied by ingredient multiplier and counted beforehands.